RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 09-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Guineapigged

Medication Question - How are you supposed to tell what's a side effect and what isn't?

I've recently had a change in how I take my medication (used to take XR but wasn't digesting it so now take normal release). Over the last few days I've been experiencing some things but I don't know whether they are related to the medication or something else.
- Two hypoglycemic attacks. I'm not diabetic. Sweating, trembling, weakness, feeling of doom and an intense craving for something sweet. The fact that both episodes were resolved upon consuming chocolate shows it was indeed due to low blood sugar. I'm not eating any differently to normal so can't think why this is happening to me.
- Nosebleeds. Always from the same nostril and brought on by bending down. I suspect it's the same cut bleeding each time as the clot gets nudged or something.

Looking at the information leaflets has been of no use, since they list every single medical symptom from a headache to coma as possible side effects.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #2
Navel

I am currently:

They're side-effects until prooved otherwise I think... they sound very much like side-effects, particularly given the time-scale though without knowing what the medication is I really can't be certain. Hypoglycaemic attacks, even if you know how to resolve them are really not good for you! I would get in touch with your doc asap and let him know what's been happening. And keep chocolate handy! :)

Old 14-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Laura2.0

You should really talk with the dr who prescribed you the meds about this soonish.

You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena

Old 15-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #4
Jetforce
Wound Care Advisor

I am currently:

It could be possible those are side effects of your medications. Bring it up with your dr when you see them next. Maybe you need a blood test to rule out things?

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)