RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
Chloe.

I am currently:
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Thread *may trigger*

Hello everyone who has ocd. Sorry if there's alreay a thread like this. I'm not trying to thread-jack. I was diagnosed with ocd yesterday, so I thought I'd make a thread for it. Don't you hate when you start arranging something and you just can't stop? Anyway, this may not work out, since I'm bad at making threads, but talk away. Anything about ocd.

Last edited by Chloe. : 22-12-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: adding trigger label
Chloe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
ladybug
Just keep swimming

I am currently:

i like this thread chloe.

with me things have got to be either absolutly perftect or completely messy and i mean completely messy atm im going for the completely messy.
and lables i will follow people around trying to tuck their lables in and if i dont then i get all panicy and its horrible.
i havent been diognosed with OCD but my psych seems to believe i have it.

ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
Chloe.

I am currently:

I do the sammeee thing. Like some things in my room are messy and only some are all organized. Haha it's pretty weird.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
Puck
Ultreya

I am currently:

Mine's cleanliness i have to clean my hands three times minimum with soap and then drench them for longer it's stupid. I freak out about germs and stuff i'm also quite obsessive when it comes to order of things they have to be in the same position etc. Yes it is really irritating

"It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit"
-J.R.R Tolkien

Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
[Fog]

I am currently:

Great thread :)

I have so many little things that I have to do otherwise the world might explode... :D I have to check taps are off, turn off plugs, check doors are locked, turn off lights, click my teeth all the time, click my joints, I hate the number 4 and multiples of it, however odd numbers are fine and my favourite number is 5 so I try and do everything in 5s, everything has to be split evenly between the sides of my body so if I'm walking I have to make sure both feet walk past similar things... And so on and so on.

I've just realised that that list sounds a lot more mental than what's gone before!! It's annoying though. Does anyone else get that weird feeling almost like feeling sick if you don't do whatever it is?

[Fog] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:51 AM   #6
Chloe.

I am currently:

Omg all the time. I feel so sick unless I do my compulsions. I always do things with the number 7 (weird) and I always have to start walking on my left foot. I also count stairs when I'm walking on them.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 AM   #7
[Fog]

I am currently:

Haha I count stairs too. I couldn't always start walking with my left foot though - it wouldn't be fair on my right foot :D I've been diagnosed with clinical depression and stuff but I've never actually been diagnosed properly with OCD because I've never got round to explaining it to a gp... Were you offered therapy or anything? Do you ever feel sick even when there isn't a specific compulsion? Right now I've got that compulsive feeling but I'm not even sure what about lol... always gets worse late at night xx

Old 05-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #8
Kuri

I am currently:

Hi everyone!

banana89: Completely, but I suppose that's why we do it really, having to go through the compulsions is better than whatever feelings we would have otherwise.

Kuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:02 AM   #9
Chloe.

I am currently:

Yes sometimes I get that feeling for no reason and I have to go clean something.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
Siouxsie

I am currently:

Good thread. =]

I haven't been diagnosed with OCD because I've never told any of the people working with me (my mum told my old psych a tiny bit before I moved to the EIT) but I have OCD-like behaviours. For example I have to do things 7 times, don't like multiples of 4 or the number 13, check over and over my cigarettes are out before I go upstairs. Everything has to be ordered "just right" or it drives me mad. Sometimes it really takes over my life. I want to get help with it but I'm scared people won't believe me.

Siouxsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #11
*..life in pain..*
Irene

I am currently:

i don't have many compulsions, but i do have obsessions and obsessive thoughts. they once diagnosed me with OCD, because my self harm was compulsive, but other doctors say i don't have it. i will ask my doctors now what they think.

My RYL family:
I-used-to-be-positive is my big sister razorxkissedxwrists is my mommy alyssa.star is my sister phoenixflames_forever is my cousin concreteangel, helpmydeath, xxbeckyxx and queer fringe are my little sisters bob--says--hi is my twin

pm me anytime

*..life in pain..* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #12
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I have OCD too, was diagnosed around 3 years ago now. It is a difficult disorder to live with i find because a lot of people make jokes about my obsessions and compulsions especially at work and they dont see how hard it is to deal with that stuff every day.

I have had therapy for it though and it did make things much easier.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #13
ladybug
Just keep swimming

I am currently:

another strange ocd thingy i do is when i worked in a kitchen we had kids plates and i went insane if the girls plates werent all together and all the boys plates that had to be serpate.

and like if i sort something like my cds it has to be in section of ones i listen to all the times and ones i listen to sometimes and then hardly ever listen to and they HAVE to be alphabatised but after a few cd changes its all mucked up and i have to do it again

ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:44 PM   #14
[Fog]

I am currently:

Hehe Zara I'm the same with cigarettes, I always think the house might burn down. And the number 4 - I cannot stand that number at all.

Mrs Sam I suppose one of the hard things about OCD is it's really in the public eye at the moment and everyone likes to claim they have it or to make jokes about it. But it's not widely understood how difficult it is. I guess that's why I haven't told my therapist about it.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #15
Kuwairo
無声叫び

I am currently:

People recently keep asking me if I have OCD, and poking fun at me when I arrange things. I haven't been diagnosed because I don't think I have it, I just have a need to arrange things is all. and keep certain things really clean (the things change). To have OCD it has to be a major part of your life right?

I've got ham but I'm not a hamster :)

Kuwairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:04 AM   #16
Chloe.

I am currently:

Ladybug, I do the same thing with CDs. Lol I arrange them by color and how often I listen to them. I also do that with my closet. My clothes are soo organized. :p

Old 06-04-2009, 01:03 AM   #17
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

Awesome thread hun! (: xo.

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #18
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I think the worst thing about my OCD is the obsessions, I worry a lot about bad things that could happen to my brother and I end up convincing myself that those things are actually happening to him. My compulsions are to 'protect' him even though I realise that they have no relation to his well being, e.g. I repeat phrases, count things, do a pattern of movements when I pass his bedroom, stop working when it's 13 minutes past the hour or 13 minutes to the hour, as well as about a million other things. It's really hard to control because I don't want to put my brother in danger.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Quote:
To have OCD it has to be a major part of your life right?
Not necessarily. OCD can have many levels and severities, mine changed daily depending on my mood and anxiety levels. Sometimes its no bother at all and other times its crippling.

However on the other hand everyone has little "habits" so it really does depend on how much it bother you.

My other major thing is control. i have to be in control of every minute situation. if we go out it has to be planned to the time/place etc right down to the last second, if plans change i cannot cope and i panic and cry and get mad and everything. this puts me off making plans to do anything as i worry i wont be able to cope when things change.

this weekend though i went out with friends and let another friend organise things (normally i plan everything) and it was actually a lovely night out!

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #20
hope51
hope

I am currently:

I can so relate to it either having to be one extream or the other, i'm the same i either have to just throw my clothes in the draw, or i spend hours folding them! I hate it. I have spent at least 4 hours, 4 hours today folding clothes. Thought i would make my draws look all tidy again after weeks of just throwing stuff in them, hmmmm, think i'm starting to regret it already, i swear i do my own head in! Just my little rant, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
i like this thread chloe.

with me things have got to be either absolutly perftect or completely messy and i mean completely messy atm im going for the completely messy.
and lables i will follow people around trying to tuck their lables in and if i dont then i get all panicy and its horrible.
i havent been diognosed with OCD but my psych seems to believe i have it.

*There is always light at the end of the tunnel, even though we may not be able to see it.*

hope51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)