RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-08-2022, 04:46 AM   #1
Darkwings44
*super hugs you all*

I am currently:
brain transplant?

I've been thinking of the possibility of having a brain transplant to have a normal brain and not be mentally disabled i mean people get other body organs transplanted every day!!!!! why can't i get a new brain one that's normal and smart!!!! i really really need it because i need to be normal i hate myself for being disabled!!!!!! :( but i dont know how to get them...........

just another floating iceberg in this ocean we call life...….

Am I a failure from birth
Is misery what I deserve
Am I just so void of love
That I'm never good, never good enough
~citizen soldier-never good enough

Darkwings44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2022, 07:26 AM   #2
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

Eh, sorry to be a downer but that is not possible. And even if it was then trust me when i say that people like you and i could never afford that!!!

I know it's easy for me to say but you really don't need to be normal. I am a bit unsure what even counts as normal these days…. If normal is what the majority of people at my age are doing then i say thank god i'm not normal!!!!

I know this sounds silly and boring but darkwings, as you grow older you'll be better at making peace with who you are. I spent most of my youth always thinking i was wrong because i wasn't able to do the things my friends were doing, reaching the same milestones and getting to a point in life that seemed more like a normal every day existence. I'm really not sure i'd be any happier if i had been able to do those things…. Life might have been different but not neccessarily any better.

You are who you are. And a lot of disabilities, mental ones too, can be improved if you work on them. You Got to find someone who can help you do that. Someone that can guide you and see your potential. Xx

Zurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2022, 10:08 AM   #3
Iamcatbug
Cat

I’m with zurg on this one.

Transplants are tricky procedures that need lots of aftercare and your body can still reject the new organ as it sees it as a foreign body so attacks it.

From what I understand as well there has never been a brain transplant because it is currently impossible.

Iamcatbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2022, 12:22 PM   #4
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcatbug View Post

Transplants are tricky procedures that need lots of aftercare and your body can still reject the new organ as it sees it as a foreign body so attacks it.
Transplants require the person to take medication for the rest of their life. Depending on the circumstances it may require the person to make major lifestyle changes such as giving up smoking. It's not an easy route so if you're thinking "oh I won't have to take meds any more" it's simply not true. You may be better off in your current position. Also it won't fix any physical problems you may have. That's even if a brain transplant were possible like the others have said it currently isn't possible.

Eta: i agree that with time comes self acceptance. You have previously mentioned you have a therapist maybe it's something you could discuss in therapy?

Last edited by not_so_insig : 15-08-2022 at 12:27 PM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2022, 11:34 PM   #5
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Brain transplants don’t exist.

I’m sorry you’re feeling so negative towards yourself and your disability. Are you able to think about some other things about your brain that you can feel more positive about? What is great about your personality? What are some things that you CAN do that you feel happy that you can do?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2022, 12:33 AM   #6
MunchBox
I threw my pie for you.

I am currently:

Surely you do know that they don’t exist, surely??

Sweetpea

MunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2022, 01:39 AM   #7
Darkwings44
*super hugs you all*

I am currently:

............no...............

Is misery what I deserve

Old 18-08-2022, 02:05 AM   #8
Darkwings44
*super hugs you all*

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurg View Post
Eh, sorry to be a downer but that is not possible. And even if it was then trust me when i say that people like you and i could never afford that!!!

I know it's easy for me to say but you really don't need to be normal. I am a bit unsure what even counts as normal these days…. If normal is what the majority of people at my age are doing then i say thank god i'm not normal!!!!

I know this sounds silly and boring but darkwings, as you grow older you'll be better at making peace with who you are. I spent most of my youth always thinking i was wrong because i wasn't able to do the things my friends were doing, reaching the same milestones and getting to a point in life that seemed more like a normal every day existence. I'm really not sure i'd be any happier if i had been able to do those things…. Life might have been different but not neccessarily any better.

You are who you are. And a lot of disabilities, mental ones too, can be improved if you work on them. You Got to find someone who can help you do that. Someone that can guide you and see your potential. Xx
oh.............
i was planning on making a gofundme thing to raise enough money........

i dont know how to make peace with myself.... i mean its hard because i cant do the stuff that i see others do with such ease!!

Is misery what I deserve

Old 18-08-2022, 09:49 PM   #9
Auror.
Camden

Said this before and going to say it again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
It might help for you to work on explaining what is going on for you instead of just going to big statement things like "i want to be a sex worker" or "i deserve to be dead" or "i give up." It doesn't really give people information to respond, and it doesn't help you to really express what is going on.

I'm not saying don't post. But I'm saying maybe you need to take the time to really think about what is going on for you and to write out, instead of just saying the big blanket statements like you do.

I get internalized ableism can be a bitch. I think it's something many of us struggle with. But the big dramatic statements don't really express what's going on for you or really give us much to go off of to reply in support.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2022, 10:39 PM   #10
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I have to agree with Camden here. You have received some very sound adive on your other thread about how to move forward, and it feels to me like you’re ignoring it. I mean, there is of course no pressure to taje on the advice offered or even reply if you don’t want to, but big dramatic threads about your situation that some people could deem as offensive aren’t really helping anyone.

I’ll ask you again in this thread sice you didn’t reply in the other one, do you think it would be easier for you to write your mum a letter if you find it hard directly asking her what would need to change for you to return home? Currently, I feel this is the best way forward as once your mum feels confident you can look after yourself, she’s much more likely to be open to the suggestion of college etc.

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2022, 01:08 AM   #11
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

DarkWings, perhaps working on understanding/labelling the thoughts and feelings that are leading to these statements might be something that you could work on in therapy? Being able to communicate the thoughts and emotions might be a good place to start and help you communicate your wants with your Mum, when you feel the time is right. Do the group home or your therapist ask you to use any charts or anything to express yourself?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2022, 03:02 AM   #12
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worst Witch View Post

I’ll ask you again in this thread sice you didn’t reply in the other one, do you think it would be easier for you to write your mum a letter if you find it hard directly asking her what would need to change for you to return home? Currently, I feel this is the best way forward as once your mum feels confident you can look after yourself, she’s much more likely to be open to the suggestion of college etc.
Or if your mom doesn't want to be your carer if you lived at home (she may have built a life for herself or gotten used to someone else caring for you whilst living at the group home) as not everyone is built for being a carer, then see my previous suggestion for seeing if you can live in a halfway house if they exist in your country/state. That way if you know what needs to change from your mom's pov then you can work on that. If you know what needs to change long term for you to get out of the group home then you can work with the staff/your therapist in order to achieve it.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2022, 09:20 PM   #13
Darkwings44
*super hugs you all*

I am currently:

ok... i tried to talk to my mom on saturday but she was busy and had to go before i had the chance to talk to her about it..........

Is misery what I deserve

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)