RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #1
fataldream

adult services - help

I've been having a difficult time (don't feel like going to much into it) but had a crisis, involving the crisis team and then i stayed in a crisis house for a short while. during that time i saw a psychiatrist within adult services who changed my medication and said she would take me on and a assign me a care co ordinater. though ive yet to recieve a letter.
what exactly is a care co ordinator, what can AS offer me? ive heard its hard to get into adult services....what exactly is the critera?

fataldream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:00 PM   #2
Cheryl88

I am currently:

I'm not sure if it's the same thing but I have a psychiatrist, a community psychiatric nurse and a psychotherapist all from the early intervention psychosis team.

I had a major episode and was sectioned and I've been told that I've to stay under their care for the next two years and undergo psychotherapy and sty medicated for at least a year to prevent a relapse.

The criteria in my case was being unwell enough to be sectioned. I'm sorry I can't be more help - perhaps try to get in touch with the psychiatrist you were sent to? And I think a care co-ordinator would be the same as a CPN or the mental health officer that you see in the psychiatric hospital.

Cheryl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:02 PM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Hi fatal dream. I’m sorry you’ve been through that. Adult services can offer different things depending on your area. Generally though a care coordinator will meet with you regularly and talk to you about how you’re getting on in general, with medication etc and help you to learn your triggers and early warning signs and offer emotional support. Some adult services also have access to support workers who help with more practical skills like re enabling you to access day to day life and do things like shopping etc. They have occupational therapists and psychologists that work alongside other professionals and psychiatrists to work out what you need and try and come up with a plan for you. A care coordinator basically is your main point of contact and liases with all the different professionals.

How are you feeling at the moment? What kind of support do you think would be helpful?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:22 PM   #4
fataldream

Thank you for your replies

Thing is, I don't know what exactly it is that I need.

:S

Old 26-01-2018, 09:27 PM   #5
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Hopefully your CC will help you work that out too. It’s ok not to know straight away or even after a while. They’re there to support you.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #6
fataldream

Yeah okay I guess ill just have to wait and see.

What is the usual 'critera' for being accepted in to AS? I mean, do things have to be quite bad ?

Old 28-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #7
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

I think the criteria varies from team to team. It really does depend on the area you live in and the type of team you're being accepted in to.

How do things feel for you? Do they feel quite bad? Would it help to talk about anything?

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #8
fataldream

Pretty bad but it's swings and roundabouts. I don't really want to post it here though...I dunno why.

Old 28-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #9
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

That's OK. You don't have to post it here if you don't want to. We'll be here when/if you're ready to do that. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 09:42 PM   #10
fataldream

Thank you :) I posted another thread (bpd relapse...) that probably explains it all. x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)