RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
ameliaa

I am currently:
Contains sexual abuse - confession

when i was six my brother sexually abused me. for years i blocked out the memories and recently (past few years) I've begun to remember. at night is the worst when i can't sleep and there is a constant cycle inside my head of things that make me scream. i haven't told my parents. i haven't told my friends. i feel so alone and i just want to forget. he still touches me. some guys at school also say things about my body and say what they are going to do to me. even strangers sometimes stare at me. i have begun to hate and blame myself. i just wrote this because i don't want to hide anymore. i just want someone to know. i don't want to be alone anymore.

ameliaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi there,

I'm sorry you've been through, and are still going through, this.

You are by no means alone, we're here to listen and support you. Well done for writing it out to us, I imagine it can't have been easy so you're really brave.

If this is still happening, or anything like it, please tell someone who can help you. You deserve much better than this, and it certainly isn't your fault. What your brother did was wrong.

Often, when we block memories out, they tend to come back at some point even stronger, and that sounds like it's what's happening with you. Is there anyone in your life you can trust to talk to about it?

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
ameliaa

I am currently:

there is no one i really trust. i'm to scared to report it. i don't want people to look at me differently or think i'm lying.

ameliaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #4
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hey,

I can understand how scary it is to think about telling people and especially the thought of reporting it. At the end of the day, it's your choice and no one can make you report it if you don't want to.

It is worth remembering though that you weren't in the wrong, so people have no right to look at you differently, and the majority of people won't. Those who do, aren't worth your time.

Keep talking to us here if it helps.

Take care,

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)