RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-04-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
waytorecovery

I am currently:
Why do I get SO boooooored

Hey guys, I haven't been on this site in so long! It feels weird, but kind of good, to be back (my life has been rough all this time anyway).

Mini update: I'm in a short term group home at the moment due to being pretty suicidal :/

But the point of this post is I have a huge problem with getting bored easily and not feeling like doing anything
I'm wondering if anyone knows why I get this way so much?
It's so bad right now that I feel on the verge of having a panic attack. I've never heard of someone being so bored that they had a panic attack.
Also any suggestions for solutions? :(

Thanks <3

"Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

waytorecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 24-04-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
yoyogirl

I am currently:

As you are feeling suicidal it's probably not the best idea to focus on activities that involve concentration as from experience when I have felt like that they have been the last thing on my mind. If it helps listen to music to help pass the days if you find that it helps. it can really help soothe your mind. Don't worry about feeling productive as that will happen when you are in a better frame of mind. In the mean time focus on keeping calm/relaxed/chilled.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2017, 06:57 PM   #3
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

When I have been very suicidal I found focus was a major problem, I couldn't concentrate on anything for long. I found doing bits here and there helped, i'd watch TV for as long as I could (often only 5-10 minutes), then read for a few minutes, do a little colouring, take a short walk, play a quick game or part of a game on my phone etc. I found it really important not to beat myself up over not being able to complete things.
It is really hard when you desperately want to occupy your mind but it won't let you, so I really do sympathise. I hope you're feeling in a better place soon.

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 07:31 AM   #4
waytorecovery

I am currently:

Thank you for the advice and well wishes guys, I appreciate it :)

Got released today and am not feeling too suicidal anymore! Boredom is still going to be an issue, but I'll try different things. Jesus, depression sucks

"Tell me one last thing," said Harry. "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
Dumbledore beamed at him, and his voice sounded loud and strong in Harry's ears even though the bright mist was descending again, obscuring his figure.
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

waytorecovery is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)