RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Imperfect.Star

Surprise turning out to be a nightmare

So my lacrosse coach organised a surprise for our team which is set to take place today. He told us last night that it involves going to a photo place and basically having a photo shoot in cocktail dresses and then our kit. I know it sounds pathetic but this is a nightmare for me. I hate photos at the best of times but everyone else on my team is beautiful and tiny so I'm going to be the fat, ugly one trying to hide at the back and also looking strange in long sleeves. I don't think not turning up is an option but I am dreading this.
Sorry for wasting your time.

Always seem to get things just that little bit wrong.

"don't wish, don't start, wishing only wounds the heart"

Imperfect.Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

It's not a waste of time at all.
Try not to stress too much about the photos - they will be a small part of what should be a really fun night. Everybody else will be feeling far too self-conscious about themselves in cocktail dresses to judge you, and I'm sure you will look lovely. And being at the back is fine, just smile, and you will look beautiful. Go along, have a few drinks if you like, and just try and enjoy the evening, the conversation and spending time with your friends.
It will be fine, honestly.
Take care love.

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
staceyrawrcakes

I am currently:

You're not wasting our time :) Just try and enjoy yourself, you'll be surprised at how much fun you'll have when you go. I'm sure everyone else will be too worried about how they look themselves to judge how you look :) Hope it goes ok

staceyrawrcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:

Heya, I'm sorry this reply is late, but I wanted to say that I hope you had an amazing evening.

I've never had those photos done, but everyone I know that has has had a really great time, and come out feeling really self-confident, so I hope it's had the same effect on you. I'm also sure you're stunning and that you'll look fab in your dress and your kit (although no-one ever looks as good in sports gear as in a pretty dress). I also wouldn't worry about wearing sleeves, I don't think it'll make you stick out at all.

Also you're clearly an important part of the team, so be proud of yourself, and your team mates.

Sorry this hasn't been more productive, but I just wanted to wish you the best and say that you're lovely and I wish you could see that!
xx

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."

what_the? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
mikey
I'm a girl

I am currently:

Hey, how did it go?
Hope you had a lovely time.

There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: 'This glass is half full'. And then there are those who say: 'This glass is half empty'.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: 'What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Terry Pratchett

mikey is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)