RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #21
nowhereman

I am currently:

I am going food shopping with my mam. Tha's about it. Watch coronation street. maybe have some manky druids cider.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 12:31 AM   #22
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

Meeting Up With A Friend And Going Shopping :)

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. ~ Girl Interrupted

When you dont want to feel, death seems like a dream. ~ Girl Interrupted

Dying_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #23
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

I've totally never got the dealio with valentines day. If you're in a relationship, why do you need a day to explicitly say that you love your partner; if you're not, why do you give a ****?

Either way, I just don't understand it.

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #24
whirlpools

I guess it's like birthdays. Lots of people hate birthdays because they're another year older and it makes them think all sorts of stuff about the past, future, their lives and achievements. For me, being alone on Valentine's day just emphasises a feeling of loneliness and inadequacy.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 01:15 AM   #25
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

But birthdays are when you are born; even if you don't celebrate it, it's something to remember (if nothing else, because you have to write your date of birth on everything!) - and it's a day that changes something (how old you are!); valentines day is just a day to celebrate your relationship with somebody, which I don't get because shouldn't you enjoy being in a relationship with somebody most of the time (if not, why are you with them?!) rather than one specific day of the year - you don't mark relationships with how many valentines days you've spent together (at least, nobody I know does!)

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 01:18 AM   #26
whirlpools

This is true. I guess it's the whole commercial thing again. Valentine's is made huge, it's all over TV and the shops, so I guess it's hard to avoid (maybe like people who don't like Christmas because it reminds them of being alone? Though I imagine that's more difficult to cope with). Often you see your parents or friends go out and you're left alone with a tin of baked beans watching Corrie and wondering when-oh-when it will be your turn to feel your heart skip a beat. Haha. My lameness revealed.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #27
Pictsie

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming. View Post
I've totally never got the dealio with valentines day. If you're in a relationship, why do you need a day to explicitly say that you love your partner; if you're not, why do you give a ****?

Because someone decided that it would be today lovers get to make a fuss, theres some story behind it but I really am too tired to look up what st valentine id, but todays when they decided we celibate it by sending flowers or tokens of affection

mothers day, fathers day, x day, y day, its all something to celebrate for the sake of celebrating, you don't have to make a big fuss, but if you can enjoy it at the same time as everyone else is there really a reason not to?

anyway being single I'm going to ignore it all, go to work then home for tv and computer games

Pictsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 03:01 AM   #28
chinahorse

I am currently:

With the fabuously exciting single life that I have, I'm going to lectures and then going to Sainsburys and maybe I'll treat myself to an episode of Glee. (I know I have such an exciting life, not :P)

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 03:02 AM   #29
nowhereman

I am currently:

I sent a card, but I have to wait till wednesday to see him. He will probably hope it's from someone else (I didn't sign it).

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 03:20 AM   #30
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Im going to hide. and drink. and watch a horror :) xx

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 03:35 AM   #31
Keyboard Warrior

I am currently:

College. I'm going to be a dilligent student for a whole day to distract myself.

Keyboard Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 03:46 AM   #32
Scrabble.
[:

I am currently:

Im going to Meadowhall with my husband. The coming home, going out with a friend and my hubby to pick up something my friend is buying for my hubbys sister for V.Day.
He's going to suprise her, but i think the suprise will be more for him when she tells him she doesnt like him. :/
Idk what to do. Im caught in the middle haha.

x

<3

Scrabble. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #33
monket
Carpe Noctem

I am currently:

I'm gonna go to work. Then I'm gonna come home. Kinda like every other day :D

monket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #34
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I get to go to hospital for an appointment (Y)

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #35
Delta
the other one

I am currently:

im moving house finally =)

Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #36
charcoal feathers

I am currently:

Quote:

Quote:
valentines day is just a day to celebrate your relationship with somebody, which I don't get because shouldn't you enjoy being in a relationship with somebody most of the time (if not, why are you with them?!) rather than one specific day of the year
Totally agree.

Valentines day is just another normal day to me.

It's so easy to get lost in constantly having to present
whatever face you believe a person wants to see rather than your own

charcoal feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #37
makedamnsure

I am currently:

My boyfriend is at work all day.
Then I'm going to the doctors with him! exciting stuff.

But we will go to the pub after.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #38
Emo
OLDER THAN SPACE AND TIME - THE TARDIS

I am currently:

Spending the day in the house with my husband with some non alcoholic wine a take away
and watching a film together.

Emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #39
sajhfuahuefghaeg

Quote:

Quote:
But birthdays are when you are born; even if you don't celebrate it, it's something to remember (if nothing else, because you have to write your date of birth on everything!) - and it's a day that changes something (how old you are!); valentines day is just a day to celebrate your relationship with somebody, which I don't get because shouldn't you enjoy being in a relationship with somebody most of the time (if not, why are you with them?!) rather than one specific day of the year - you don't mark relationships with how many valentines days you've spent together (at least, nobody I know does!)

That's why we're not doing anything we wouldn't do any other day. He cooks me dinner most days :P

sajhfuahuefghaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #40
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*

I am currently:

I'm going to be all on my own with a bottle of vodka!
I'm glad to be single so i'm treating myself to a drink.

" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)