RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
Sleepless123

I am currently:

Great to se you back around.

Please keep up with the updates when you can/want to.Its always great to hear how your getting on and it really does seem like your making huge steps forwards even though it must be so so hard and like you say the pull so tough but im so glad you had the chance to go home for a bit, you can do this Liddy and you have come so far.i hope it worked out.

i miss you a lot round here by the way!The place really is different without you.

Thinking of you and sending much love [hope thats ok].

xx xx

i do not always manage to be around but i wish you all the very best - love and luck to you all!

Sleepless123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #22
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I'm really proud of the hard work you are putting in, and even though its challenging at times, try not to give up. You're doing well xxx

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #23
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster

I am currently:

sorry for needing an edit, I wasn't sure how much I could put or should put (fuzzy head atm) but, yeah.

Home leave was CATASTROPHIC. My friend picked me up at 9am and we got home at 1:10pm. I drove us to a garden centre 20 minutes away (for bulbs) and home again and it was great being behind the wheel again after 7 months. You never forget, it's like riding a bike, it's more an issue of confidence.

Anyway early saturday evening I started getting the sh*ts. I had them all evening and all night and all sunday morning. Then I started throwing up sunday afternoon, evening and night. I was due back 9am monday morning (leaving home at 6am) but was too ill to travel. I had a migraine all monday from having the sh*ts and throwing up and I was very dehydrated too. I didn't improve till tuesday and then I went back wednesday morning 10am getting back at 1ish. They didn't want me back ill because it was contagious (another patient and staff got it but not as bad as me)

I didn't get to do anything I wanted to do. Bulb planting, hedge trimming, christmas card and tag making, baking etc, etc. It was a thoroughly crap FIRST VISIT home!! After 6 months too.

Oh well, I'm much better now, not 100% but about 75%.

The lithium is causing me health problems now, does anyone have similar problems with it (?) (I've been on it 11 years now) and it was a case of measuring up physical gains and losses versus mental health gains and losses. I chose my mental health but have been left with heart problems. you lose some, you gain some.

Thanks for reading my thread and the support that gives me knowing you are bothering to read my boring drivel!

hugs to everyone,

liddy xx

GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Don't let the sphincter's get you down

fragile as glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #24
Tig

Aw Liddy, I'm sorry to hear you were so unwell during your first trip home. That is so frustrating and unfair! Do you know when your next set of leave will be?
x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
fragile as glass

I am currently:

Beginning of December!

I'm contemplating staying here for christmas due to my family living 5 minutes away from my home in Norwich and them having cut ties with me and turned their backs on me when I went into hospital. It's a sad situation really. Being here would be so much simpler.

I got tickets for a Robbie Williams concert at the end of November and permission from my psychiatrist!!!! I can't wait!

I'm still not fully better - I fell asleep in a group this morning..oops! Another girl kicked my chair for me to wake me up before staff noticed and I almost fell asleep in a group this afternoon.

I hope everyone is ok xx

Old 13-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #26
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

Liddy, I am so sorry to hear you had such a nasty bug! It sounds horrific :(

*hugs*

I am sure, like me, you have X Factor on!!

I think you should try and come home and have Christmas with C and come visit me for mince pies and prezzies and hugs too.

You HAVE to get to this concert! You deserve to.

*hugs again*

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #27
fragile as glass

I am currently:

Yep, x factor is on!

searching e-bay for summit.

mince pies...it's a date...you'll LOVE what you got this year! tee hee!!

yep, awful bug

love xx

Old 15-10-2012, 04:37 AM   #28
Tig

Sorry it's so long until the set of leave.

But YAY for Robbie Williams and also for the mince pie date you now have with MissA :)

Keep up the fight, you are doing great. xx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #29
fragile as glass

I am currently:

Thank you Tig : )

Awful day today. My dad's birthday. They dumped me and his birthday is just stirring up old feelings.

It's weigh day tomorrow and I'm really scared. Every Thursday before shower and breakfast. I just want to reach my target weight and be done with it. Then there's the case of maintaining my weight which I haven't got a bloody clue how to do. It's worrying me. A lot.

Old 24-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #30
Merc

How are you doing, lovely? Been wondering how you've been. Sorry the home visit was not so good.
I'm really happy to hear about all the different programs/therapy you are willing to try! That really is amazing...do you realize that??!!
HUGE congrats for how very hard you are trying. I can imagine, and hear, how conflicting it feels.
But liddy, you do deserve so very much better. So very much.
Not been around here but if you want to keep in ctc, fb would be good, or email. Would really like to know how you are getting on and help if i can in any way.
xox

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #31
Merc

Forgot to mention; have you tried carbamazepine in place of lithium?

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #32
fragile as glass

I am currently:

Hey you!

It's been a while..! I'm afraid of the weight gain in carbamazepine and the lithium has been so good to me.

I will PM you my e-mail, I would love to stay in contact ..any reason for not frequenting RYL very much now?

I've been here 7 months on 2nd November. In one way time has flown by, in another way it has dragged along.

The therapy is frustrating. I get talking then the session finishes and I'm left holding so much for another week - and they won't increase the therapy.

I've just heard that Norfolk and Waveney Primary Care Trust (my local) is closing down 250 psychiatric beds. I mean WTF?????? We have hardly anything as it is - why do you think I was shipped down to London?

Anyhow, love n' hugs

liddy xx

Old 24-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #33
FightingButterfly

Hi Liddy, you don't know me, I just wanted to say I was on carbamazepine for my epilepsy for quite a while about 6 years ago and actually lost weight whilst I was on it. I also lost weight whilst on olanzapine, another one notorious for weight gain, way more so than carbamazepine. So please don't dismiss it out of hand for that reason - it won't necessarily have that effect. I also think from experience, that people who have struggled with eating disorders often don't react the way expected regards weight and meds. I may not be right scientifically, but Ive thought this might be because these meds often disturb hormones and appetite regulation, whereas those with eating disorders have long since lost that normal chemical satiety control/balance so these meds have far less of an effect.

Anyway good luck with the rest of your admission xx

FightingButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #34
fragile as glass

I am currently:

Ok, so I've changed my name from fragile as glass to lonely tears and my picture from my rabbit to a tiger and my signature too. It's all part of a fresh start on my behalf. Out with the old and in with the new. A move away from my fu*k ups when I was really sick to my thoughtfulness and tact after 7 months IP. The tiger picture will change as will the phrase underneath but the username and new sig will stay. It's still Liddy though!!!!

I've been feeling quite down recently. I feel that the support I'm receiving is diminishing and that having graduated to stage 2 the staff are not very interested in my care now - there are three stages - the ''pre-commitment'' stage (approx 3 months) the ''main'' stage (approx 6 months) and the ''final'' stage (approx 3 months) all adding up to a year. I was however on the 1st stage for 5 months so it's all subject to individual progress (and whether your PCT will fund longer than a year)

I always knew there would be more responsibilities with each stage but I feel I've been given stage 3 responsibilities while still at stage 2. The staff talk and support less and although you'd expect that to a certain degree, you wouldn't expect to feel alone and almost in the dark. I've been feeling unsafe and struggling with my food but am having little support there. If I cut or burn or starve it won't be from lack of trying to get support. I feel fat and ugly and am eating too much at weekends so I've been eating less and less during the week and I dread Thursday weigh ins. I'm so scared I've put on weight every week that I'm constantly anxious and just want to get to my target weight which is so close I can smell it.

My family still have made no contact with me and I'm having to come to terms with living without a family and few (well, two) (very good) friends. I have no-one in particular here I'm close to - living on a PD ward isn't easy and they cut the beds from 12 to 10 saying they couldn't cope with 12 PD patients but could with 10.

Sorry for my whinge.

Love to you all

Liddy x

Old 31-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #35
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

Ahh Liddy, *cuddles*

I have to say, when I first saw your changed name I thought, bugger, I always look for F-fragile as glass on here! I like your new name though :)

As for the axing of 250 beds, well because it is now Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust it is happening here too.

Try and remember you are getting the best treatment possible right now, and the funding has been secured prior to these changes. Its almost inconcievable to think anyone would get what you have in the next 4 years when all these changes are set to take place. I am assuming also that you have been given more than 12 months funding as it has been possible for you to stay in phase one longer than the 'suggested' time length, based on where you were at. I think you were shipped to London in part because DBT is not available in your PCT and you needed intense therapy that couldnt have been offered in the acute wards. I know it wont feel this way, but its probably a good thing you ended up in Roehampton, there is a lot more therapy there it seems than you could ever get here.

I have found a couple of articles on the issue;
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/health/r...ices_1_1666740
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/suffolk_m...bs_ 1_1665340

Quote:
He said: “In-patient beds are already over subscribed. Staff have given me examples of patients sent to out of area beds, of patients accommodated in expensive private beds at £500 plus per day, of the existence of a waiting list for in-patient beds, of cases where new patients have been accommodated in the beds of patients out on leave (who may need to return urgently) - contrary to clinical advice. It’s hard to see how we can make do with fewer in-patient beds, when we already have a shortage.”
The above section of one of the articles really gets to me because this is precisely what happens. Both for you, and for F, last time she was in, she got put in another patients' bed who was on leave, then got sectioned and when the patient came back, they were sent home again for 'more home leave'!

It seems Norfolk only has 225 beds currently and suffolk 150. I certainly knew Suffolk didn't have 250 beds available in the first place and I couldn't easily see Norfolk having that many either, though I assumed it might be more, I think the population of Norfolk is bigger, though by how much, I don't know. I have seen that Norfolk is axing them from 225 down to 172 and in Suffolk, 150 down to 117. Yarmouth/Waverney area seems worst hit, cos they have 40 beds in what I think is the Northgate hospital and they are having them halved to 20!

Darling, your family have been hindering you for so many years, its, as horrible as it sounds, a silver lining that they have not contacted you; I don't think if they had it would have done your recovery process any good. Some people are not helpful, and sadly you can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends!!

I wonder, could you bring up in ward rounds that the level of support has become lower than you feel able to handle and ask that, maybe they offer you a set time each day to chat about how you are managing the food and SH urges. Obviously it would be advantageous if that time was not during meal times, but maybe after teatime or before breakfast?

Is there any way you could try and eat your meal plan 7 days a week and try and even out the eating less during the week and more at weekends? It might help with the feeling like you have gained if its a steady amount? It'd certainly be safer to eat more evenly, cos it sounds like food during the week is becoming very scarce and you need it for concentration on the therapy and programme which I know is all day, and a lot of hard work.

I do know of a couple of people who have had to stop their Lithium after 20+ years due to no kidney function and a dead thyroid gland. They went onto other less toxic meds, but did find the transition hard. F was taken off it due to kidney trouble when she ODed, but even taken correctly its pretty corrosive stuff. Thyroid function can be treated, as yours is, but the other stuff is balance of pro's and con's. In the future however you may respond to other medications better, because with age, our brains can change.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know. My email account has been hacked so don't try that, but FB and RYL messages will get through.

Lots of love, and big hugs, I can't wait to see you on 11th

xxxxxx

Last edited by MissAnonymous : 31-10-2012 at 09:13 PM.
MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)