RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #21
akita

I am currently:

When I worked my scars were faded enough to hardly see them so I didn't bother covering them up. I don't know if anyone at my work saw them or not, they didn't say anything.

akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #22
PhoenixAshies
I move these stars for no one

I am currently:

Most of mine are in places that aren't visible whilst at work (upper leg, etc), and the ones that are very faded and not easily visible. That being said, I find that I have been extremely conscious of what I do outside of work. I work with police and fire, so while I'm not a sworn officer or anything, I feel that what ifo outside of work could definitely have an impact on my job.

Then again I do have a tendency to be a little paranoid at times ;)

"And I know it aches, and your heart it breaks,
You can only take so much
Walk on..."

PhoenixAshies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #23
sometimesbecky

I am currently:

Nowadays I treat SI like I treat my tattoos - it's only ever in places that can be easily hidden if the need arises. I do have a lot of scars on my left forearm from my SI when I was a lot younger - but they're fairly discreet and you'd have to be looking intently at my arm to see them. It doesn't bother me.

That said, with regards to the more recent marks, they are shown occasionally - ie I'm going swimming or something - and I don't feel any particular inclination to hide them. I'm not ashamed of my SI and I'm not ashamed of who I am.

"I know that God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much!"

sometimesbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #24
MissM

I am currently:

I used to keep my arms covered all the time, including at home, but really wanted not to have to. It was a few months after starting at my voluntary job that I dared to roll my sleeves up there. It was a really big thing for me, and I was on edge the whole time, but you know what? No one ran away, no one called me names, noone spewed up, and the day went by as normal. This was a massive turning point for me with my confidence. I wore long sleeves for the interview for the paid job I now have, but shortly after starting there, I went for short sleeves, and do most days unless its too cold. I have days when I hate my scars and feel I want to hide, but I fight it.

MissM is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)