RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
Chaos
* Kez *

I am currently:
The 'More To Love' Thread.

(This is the remade Obesity Thread. Renamed, so it's more positive)

Ok, so i'm not going to lie. I weigh a lot.

Lately i have been looking for some kind of support network for people who are quite overweight and are looking for support whilst loosing weight.

Lets be clear right now. I'm not glamourising weight loss, i just think there's alot of people out there that could benefit with some kind of thread to support each other who are a bit overweight.

As a general rule, please do not mention exact figures of weight for triggering reasons and to abide by the rules of RYL. Let's save that for PM's.

I've been supported so much by this site, and would love to be able to support other people in every way i can, and the fact that i am overweight has always damaged my confidence and has made me feel quite bad in low times. So i'm sure there are other people out there that could do with some support.
What do people think ?
[x]

Last edited by Chaos : 28-03-2009 at 12:31 PM.

~*~ Proud Cat Owner ~*~

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
Chaos
* Kez *

I am currently:

Wow. Really pleased with the feedback guys. Sorry about the title, i just couldn't think of a better way to put it at the time. The title wasn't intended to be negative. I've since renamed it, to something more positive :)

Well. I'm really pleased to know i'm not the only one out there. I've particularly been suffering since i have been on my medication. One of the side effects is putting on weight, and it just seems to have been piling on recently.

Has anybody found ways to cope with this type of craving?

~*~ Proud Cat Owner ~*~

Old 28-03-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
englishrose

I am currently:

I love this thread im well tottally over weight to the point i get asked if im pregant which helps with my confidence no end as you would imagin.

Iv tried every diet out there going but at the moment im doing more cutting out the rubbish a little and im losing not much but every little helps right.

IM supporting the more to love people

Sorry really bad (sp?) just cant think to night for the love of it sorry

Don't walk behine me I might got you lost!
Don't walk in front of me I may not follow you!
Don't walk beside me the path is to small!

All we can do is walk our own paths,remember your not alone because we are all walking our own paths together!

englishrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:

Loving the new title!!!

I found that when I was put on risperidone I got realy bad cravings for sweet things, which didn't help with the whole trying to lose weight thing. My flatmate, who is really helpful suggested trying things like melon, which is really sweet, but also good for you.

If it is really affecting you, you could ask to see a dietician, they may help, but otherwise I would suggest not buying junk food (I'm a nightmare for that if I have a craving) so that you only have healthy things to snack on. I've found I still gained a bit, but not as much as I'd feared

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."

what_the? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 01:19 AM   #5
BunnythesAINT
Confused.

I am currently:

It certainly is a more positive title!
This is kind of a...bookmark. Idk what to say atm.

Let's put a smile on that face

We are not alone
Find out when your cover's blown
There'll be somebody there to break your fall
We are not alone
'Cause when you cut down to the bone
We're really not so different after all

RACHEL!!

BunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 01:21 AM   #6
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Sorry I didnt realise youd closed the other thread!Umm, I find myself buying junk food even if I dont want it. It makes me panic if I dont have food....how wierd is that?!It doesnt mean I eat it all or need it all but I have to have a certain amount if Im at work or something or I get anxious about it.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 01:23 AM   #7
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

eeee, I love this thread even though I'm not overweight. Lovin' the title :) xo.

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 01:30 AM   #8
Breadsticks

I am currently:

I love this thread as well :) I find sometimes that eating fruit can help stop me from eating lots of crap, 'cause there's lots of sugar in them. I eat faaarr too much. Damn cravings.

But if i still believe you love me, maybe i'll survive.
So i tell myself you're coming home, like you've done a million times.
& if it's alright, i'll still be loving you.
'cause i can't break it to my heart.

Breadsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 01:49 AM   #9
crazykat
Fight for another day

I love this thread too, so thank-you

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
Sorry I didnt realise youd closed the other thread!Umm, I find myself buying junk food even if I dont want it. It makes me panic if I dont have food....how wierd is that?!It doesnt mean I eat it all or need it all but I have to have a certain amount if Im at work or something or I get anxious about it.
Wow I could have written the same thing. So thank-you.

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #10
tigris
I tried to be perfect, it just wasn't worth it.

I am currently:

I get into routines, like having a piece of toast at teatime or something. And then even if I'm not hungry I still feel I need that piece of toast at the same time everyday or I get a bit panicked.

And also, I get really pleased with myself it, for example, I don't eat toast on one day. Then later on, I'm still remembering how I didn't eat it, so I can 'allow' myself to eat more. Not very logical!

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.
I know, right now you can't tell.
But stay a while and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me Unwell - Matchbox 20

"Why inflict pain on oneself, when so many others are ready to save us the trouble?"
George Pacaud (1879 - 1937)

tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 02:44 AM   #11
KittenEyes

I am currently:

I don't see how the "Obesity Thread" was bad...? More to Love means the same thing, but it's less specific. :\

Anyway, I love the idea! Good thread. :P

(//'''O,,,O)//'''

KittenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #12
BeautyFiend

I am currently:

I like having more to love =]
Big Boobies <3

BeautyFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 02:57 AM   #13
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

because its a negative thing and kinda degrading to people that are overweight.

I dunno, i just hate it when my friend makes fat jokes, it makes me uncomfterble. i have had some bad experiances with people, i actully went home on a night out because two seprate people made something out of my weight and it really upset me.

I tried being healthy, i tried eating less, i went to the gym,i weight myself on one of thoese machines, got my wieght fine, the next week it said i had lost quite a bit - good, next week it says i put on more than double what i lost, i think the scales are dodgy, but the next time i did it stayed the same, i think youd notice putting on quite alot of weight in a short period, but i dunno

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 02:57 AM   #14
BunnythesAINT
Confused.

I am currently:

Oh I'm just wondering if people know some really good like..."plus sized" stores. Because we have a couple around here....and not to be like mean but they have things more towards something my mom would wear, not me. I find a few things here and there. I'm getting really sick of my clothes, I can't ever find anything good so I'm always in jeans and my falling-apart hoodie. =/

Let's put a smile on that face

We are not alone
Find out when your cover's blown
There'll be somebody there to break your fall
We are not alone
'Cause when you cut down to the bone
We're really not so different after all

RACHEL!!

BunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 03:09 AM   #15
crazykat
Fight for another day

^^ Yeah its the same thing over here it's really hard to find nice clothes. They all look like they are for older people.

something that doesn't
get a day off."

Old 28-03-2009, 03:26 AM   #16
KittenEyes

I am currently:

^^ BleedingAngel, I guess I get it, but 'obese' isn't meant to be a mean thing, it's just an adjective. :\ But I totally understand, I get mad at my mom when I ask if I look fat and she says yes! Never fun to hear. :(

(//'''O,,,O)//'''

KittenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #17
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykat View Post
^^ Yeah its the same thing over here it's really hard to find nice clothes. They all look like they are for older people.
Yes!!Agree totally.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #18
Casper_Fading
It's okay. I have a supersoaker.

I am currently:

There's an awesome store here called Big CIty Chic. It's fantastic! Reeeeeally nice clothes! And for young people!!! But I don't know if they have it overseas! I don't know why they don't jus tmake the same clothes for 'skinny' people for 'bigger' people. They do for males! *sulks*

i'm in a really low phase so i'm binging and have put on more weight... not helped by the fact that I can't exercise right now cause i f*cked my ankel* hahahahaha whinge whinge whinge....

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

- Dr. Seuss

Casper_Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 12:28 PM   #19
Chaos
* Kez *

I am currently:

Has anyone checked out New Looks 'Inspire' Range? There are some times some real gems in there, and the good thing about New Look is that there always seems to be some kind of sale on! Plus everything in there is always modern. I have also found some real gems on ebay for plus size clothing. There is more of a range on there, including the Goth tops and skirts which i really like wearing.

What_the? I really like you're idea about Melon, the fact that is still a sweet thing, but good for you. Recently i have been trying to trick my brain into thinking that grapes are crisps. In Asda, you can get these kids fruit packs with grapes and apple in, i think they are 3 for a £1 or something. Then because i have to open a packet and the grapes are crunchy i'm hoping my brain will substitute them for crisps!

BTW i've just found this usefull tool which is an online tool to allow you to track what you are eating and how much fluid you are drinking etc. It's been a really helpfull resource for me for the last few weeks. There is also a section on the messageboards how to cope with Depression and food.

Last edited by Mrs Sam : 28-03-2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: removed links as could be used for in negative way

~*~ Proud Cat Owner ~*~

Old 28-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #20
crazykat
Fight for another day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiwuzzle Lives View Post
There's an awesome store here called Big CIty Chic. It's fantastic! Reeeeeally nice clothes! And for young people!!! But I don't know if they have it overseas! I don't know why they don't jus tmake the same clothes for 'skinny' people for 'bigger' people. They do for males! *sulks*

i'm in a really low phase so i'm binging and have put on more weight... not helped by the fact that I can't exercise right now cause i f*cked my ankel* hahahahaha whinge whinge whinge....
Where about's is that Jess? I am taking it's in Australia

something that doesn't
get a day off."

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)