RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-10-2014, 04:35 AM   #1
JusC

Whats a good idea for a summers day?

I know summer has now come to an end and this is the time were all thinking about winter but tell me what u did in the summer or what is a good idea to do in the summer.

JusC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

I'd like to travel south right about now and enjoy the carribean summer. Sipping non-alcoholic sangria as i sit in the shade of a palm tree with a perfect view of the beach. Ahhhhh.

Wake me when the winter is over.....!!!!

Zurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
Serendipity.
fabulous.

^ That does sound amazing! I seriously spent the whole summer wishing I could afford to jet off to some hot country with a beach and a pool and sun so I could sunbathe and drink cocktails out of coconuts :P I think next time I have money I shall just book myself this holiday!

In other less expensive ideas! A trip to the beach - maybe not quite the same but still good! Acting like children and building sand castles and swimming in the sea even though it's bloody freezing! I used to do this with the girls I lived with at uni at the start of the summer holidays, it was lots of fun!

Going for a walk, like a proper walk that is lots of miles long and enjoying the weather and the scenery and the wildlife and getting all hot and sweaty and exhausted, it's very satisfying!

Going to a park and having a picnic!

Going to see a film at an outdoor screening. Or an open air concert!

Aww. I love autumn and winter but now I miss summer :P

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I was reading this recipe book that my parents have by Abel & Cole and it has a section on things to do in different seasons. Like, collect leaves. Eat X seasonal produce. One of the things under summer was "accept that summer is mostly something that happens in other countries" :P Sadly, this is quite true!

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.

Old 16-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #5
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity. View Post
I was reading this recipe book that my parents have by Abel & Cole and it has a section on things to do in different seasons. Like, collect leaves. Eat X seasonal produce. One of the things under summer was "accept that summer is mostly something that happens in other countries" :P Sadly, this is quite true!

LOL!!!
We hit our first 30 degree day in a while next week
Good thing to do? Stay in air conditioning ;)

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #6
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I'm so jealous! I wanna come to Australia and visit my uncle and enjoy the weather but I am too scared of your spiders!!!

Old 16-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #7
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

The australian spiders are the stuff nightmares are made of!!!!!

Zurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 10:19 PM   #8
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Drink Pimms!

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #9
Serendipity.
fabulous.

^ Seconded!

Old 16-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #10
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Have a go on a swing set :)

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)