RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
iofthetyger44

I am currently:
Positive recovery post - STAY ALIVE

Hey people!

So... a few days ago, I was sitting in class and I had a random panic attack. Later that day, I ended up getting really depressed and having a really bad relapse after a month and a half without cutting. The next day, I almost had another panic attack, but I managed to shut it down. Later, I was starting to feel a crazy amount of stress/depression/loneliness... basically, overwhelming and confusing emotions that were pushing me to the point where I was starting to think about suicide. I didn't want to let myself get to the point where I was going to have a full blown panic attack and I really didn't want to cut again to deal with everything, so I made a list. I was going to write down everything that I had to get done, but it ended up just being a list of how to take care of myself in that moment. I wrote "disinfect cuts. make tea. take a shower." and a few other things. But the most important thing I wrote on my list was at the very bottom. I wrote "STAY ALIVE" in big letters.
It seems like a basic thought, right? Stay alive... everything about your body is designed to help you do that. but in a moment of distress and panic, when I wanted to do the exact opposite, just writing those two simple words down on a piece of paper was enough to kind of bring me back to rational thoughts. I started to see that in reality, staying alive is all that I had to do. All the schoolwork, chores, and other crap that I was stressing about getting done were all secondary to staying alive.
So I guess that what I'm trying to get across to everyone is that all you have to do is STAY ALIVE! Don't let depression or anxiety get the better of you. As long as you're alive, you can conquer anything that gets in your way. Write it down if you have to, but never forget to stay alive. Stay strong everyone!

~Mandy

We all flirt with the tiniest notion
Of self-conclusion in one simplified motion
You see the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets

iofthetyger44 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 26-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Thank you so much for the kind words

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Elphiero
Disney Nerd <3

I am currently:

Wow. This is awesome. Thanks so much for posting this!

Nicel

Everything looks different, now that I see you <3

Elphiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
shadowinthedarkness

I am currently:

Thank you :,)
that was very beautiful

No matter where you are in your life, no matter what you look like, or how you feel, or how you think you should live, know that at this moment you are beautiful because you are alive and you exist .

shadowinthedarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)