RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
-Chelsey-
[[Rabbit]]

I am currently:
It has been a LONG while

It must have been years since I've been on here. I don't know what made me come back.. well i do i guess..
I moved from CAMHS last year when I was 18, I didn't want to, but i was too old, and i wasn't getting anywhere. My health was a serious concern for the adult team, bloods, bones you name it. After a spell IP things hadn't really improved, depression wise is a lot worse.
I got engaged at the beginning of the year, I guess that's why I really just want a life, I see how it's all effecting him and I dread to think what the meal part of our wedding reception would be like when my range of food and the ability to eat in front of people is almost non existent.
I also got discharged from adult eating disorder service at the beginning of this year, they said that they'd tried all they could, that I wasn't getting anywhere so I'd have to go back to my GP.
All well and good, they sent all the bits to my gp, all the monthly blood test that needed to be done, how i had to be seen quickly etc... then I had to move gp's... that was months ago, they still haven't got my notes on the system, so no tests, no monitoring. nothing. I went to see a link worker there about my depression as I have had many rock bottom moments.. she thought i was too at risk for her to see me and with the anorexia, she couldn't... so referred me to another agency... they couldn't "too at risk, too complex". I've just finished my Alevels at nearly 20, even then I haven't got them all to A2.. my funding ran out. I know things are getting really bad again... but there's no monitoring in place, there's no support in place, so i'm at a bit of a loss on what to do really. I know, with input from my family and fiancée that i can't work, things are that bad physically and mentally, but I don't know what to do with myself, after finishing education. I want to try and do another A2 privately, but it's the rest of the time that I need to fill! I get DLA, but it's not enough to live on (I'm having to live with my fiancée split between mine and his parents houses (situation with our families is not ideal to spend in either 24/7!).. so really money is so tight, that's another stress. maybe finally everything has caught up with me? I thought I was invincible when I was younger, I had no physical effects really of anorexia, but now I do, now I can see what this is all doing to me. I hoped to go and study medicine, I can't do that now, Then recently I wanted to apply for Uni to do health and nutrition, but I know my concentration and mood wouldn't get me through a uni degree.. I'm stuck. and would just like some help, support.. advice?

A few of you may remember me, I don't know.. but Hi anyways!

"...On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are..."

-Chelsey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

Hey Chelsey!

I am now off for my walkies but I will reply later. I will brainstorm all my shitty Suffolk knowledge and hopefully come up with something you haven't already explored.

Much love xx

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Revival

Hey Chelsey, I remember you, not sure if you remember me though,

Anyway, I'm not fantastic for advice right now just wanted to lend you my support and let you know that I'm here should you want to talk. I'm really sorry for everything you've gone through/am going through and I really hope that things improve for you very soon. I will try and come back to this when my brain is working, please take care,

Ally xx

Revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

Firstly, I think you need to go to your GP and ask for bloods, waiting for things to be done may be a fruitless cause.. often [at least round here] you need to be seriously proactive in getting the physical checks. Can you make a GP appointment and explain the situation and tell them how often you were due to have blood tests and depending on the results should be having them more frequently if you ED behaviours are getting worse. Take your fiancee with you if you need the support to speak up and be assertive.

Have you ever come across 'The Richmond Fellowship'? [http://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk/] They have support workers that do a recovery OR support service [two different teams I believe] who will work with you independently of the CMHT but annoyingly you do need a CMHT referral to start accessing their services. They do a floating housing support service to people who need support but don't require actual supported accommodation. If you are not under the CMHT I would ask for a referral with the view to accessing these services [the GP can write this in their referral letter].

You mention your education and troubles with mental health preventing your progress in some ways and having to leave soon due to lack of funding.. well if you want to get into employment 'The Shaw Trust' [http://www.shaw-trust.org.uk/home] offers an employment support service specific for people with mental health conditions.

I am sure you know about the Eating Disorder Recovery group held at Mind on a Thursday twice a month. I can come with you if you like, just let me know.

In terms of benefits, you need to apply for ESA (Employment and Support Allowance). This benefit is a complete nightmare for some people [both me and my sister have been through the decision system and she, having less proof of mental illness, got it no questions asked, and I had a year long battle with several reconsidered reconsidered decisions before the final 'support group' award]. Don't be put off applying however, with a bit of research you can pick apart the questions to understand what you need to specifically write to explain your condition in the direct terms they look for when point scoring your disability. I can help you with my personal knowledge if you want, or you can look on this site > http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ < for information, its been a brilliant resource for my dad and me to fight my case. The citizens advice beauro are well versed in the pitfalls of ESA and frequently come across people having problems with it so they know what they are doing, you could go to them too for face to face repeated advice as they take cases on themselves [they used my case as an example when they were making a UK wide report on ESA as they felt mine was a particularly prominent example of its stupid design and poor delivery].

I will have another think about things but wanted to reply tonight.

Never give up, if you ever want to chat, let me know xx

Last edited by MissAnonymous : 20-06-2011 at 11:19 PM.
MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
_plastic

I do remember you Chels i am sorry i have nothing to say please keep fighting :(

A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx

_plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
Tig

Hi Chelsey,

I remember you from before. I've changed my username though and can't think what it was back then.

Welcome back to the board lovely xxx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
Whispered Secret

Hey sweetheart, I remember you :). Reading this has reminded me just how shitty the Suffolk system is. MissA has some very good points, and she knows far more about the system than I do.

The mind meeting, I go to quite often when I'm home from uni. If you want to go I'll almost certainly be there over the summer. xx

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

Whispered Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
-Chelsey-
[[Rabbit]]

I am currently:

Thank you all. MissA, Thank you, I'll check those links out. Sometimes it just feels it's me? not just Suffolk's system that's wrong!
Thank you everyone for your support. I've got a doctors appointment on monday (the earliest they could do!)

"...On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are..."

-Chelsey- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #9
Keyboard Warrior

I am currently:

Fellow Chels! I certainly remember you - although you may not remember me under this username :p I have been wondering how you are. Not much advice right now but *massive hugs* & it's good to at least hear from you.

Keyboard Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #10
*Stars_above*
**..**Stars**..**

I am currently:

I have no advice but I'm in noting going to lie I was thinking about you the other day xxx

*Stars_above* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Hey chelsea im sorry i have no advice but i remember you :) if my brain sorts itself out, i may have something useful to say, but in the mean time take care of yourself. lots and lots of love xxx

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 04:19 AM   #12
nowhereman

I am currently:

I remember you too and I'm sorry thigns aren't going so well. Good luck with monday and with everything else you want to do. I hope you'll work something out.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #13
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

Sending you all the love in the world Chels <3

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)