RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #1
hellokitty69

Panic

Hi. I',m writing this because I keep getting panicky for no real reason...
I'm on the highest dose possible of beta blockers but my resting heart rate is oftern still in the 90's. Is there anthing I can do to calm it down?
Any replies would be appreciated

Old 08-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #2
Iamcatbug
Cat

It is possible to have a naturally high heart rate. But yours is actually in the normal rate of between 60-100 apparently.

If you are concerned though I'd speak to your doctor.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:54 PM   #3
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

Firstly, panicking is the worst thing to do for a high heart rate. I used to be somewhat of a hypochondriac & used to get preoccupied by my heart rate & the best thing to slow it down was relaxation & distraction. Or a sleep! I imagine that there might be some sort of medical reason for this though as you're on beta blockers (unless you're on them for another reason) so I'd definitely give your doctor or a local medical service a call or visit if you're concerned.

I hope it settles down soon.

Take care.

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #4
hellokitty69

Thankyou guys. I did go to my GP and she didn't seem overly concerned so maybe it is just normal for me.

Old 16-01-2016, 05:07 AM   #5
Accidentally Abstract
Luce.

It's a good thing that she didn't seem concerned about it. Just try to keep an eye on things & see how it goes. See whether you think it might be related to anxiety, etc. & if so, try to manage that to control it.

Take care.

Ride it out.
"I need a sunrise in the dark."

Accidentally Abstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
Nature_Girl

I am currently:

Hi, I feel you. I suffer from anxiety and often feel it taking control. I am also very self aware of my heart rate and it has plagued my entire life. So my brother for years has been telling me to meditate, but I have the attention span of a bird and have never succeeded UNTIL...I discovered this app called headspace. I'm sure there are others too, but I highly recommend it. Its guided meditation, some calm sounding Brit named Andy, lol. It helps me to bring my heartrate down and find a little peace of mind on the subway or wherever I am that I need to chill out. I hope you feel better. Remember to breathe deeply in times of anxiety.

Peace

KC

Nature_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)