RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-01-2016, 01:11 AM   #1
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:
when is enough enough

When do you just say "stuff you mental health team I'll do this on my own".

Generally I've had good mental health care.
But recently I feel they have been holding me back.
I'm sick of appointments. I'm sick of meds. I'm sick of mental health act assessments and hospital.

I just want it all to go away.
I know if they go away my mental health won't go away but I just can't cope with them anymore.

I'm under the early intervention service but I don't fully believe I have mental health problems, I just think I have a low tolerence to stress.

When is enough enough and you just have to discharge yourself.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 20-01-2016, 01:59 AM   #2
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

I have a low tolerance to stress too, but stress can be a cause of mental health problems. Stress being the cause doesn't make them any less real.

Have you spoken to your team about how you feel about their involvement?

I read that you're in A&E. What lead to you being there?

I can understand you want the mental health team to back off, but in my experience that will only happen when they trust you. Not necessarily right, but that's the way it is. One way of gaining their trust is to refrain from any behaviours that may give them cause for concern. They won't leave you alone if you are being destructive - they have a duty of care.

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Epicene

I am currently:

I think that, although it may not be what you want, this is something you have to discuss with your team. Just trying to cut ties and disassociate yourself from them is likely to give them cause for concern. However, sharing your thoughts with them will leave them able to understand your perspective and come up with some solutions.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #4
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Thanks guys.
I spoke to my cpn today about this and she said a good next step would be a step down to the cmht.
They call it a step down because it's less intense but I could have more access to psychological therapies which I think is a good idea because it's not all about meds. Well not for me anyway.

I'm currently under htt which I had no choice about it was either that or hospital and if I refused hospital a section. Which I don't want.

I think being under the cmht will be helpful for me.

There was also a brief discussion about diagnosis and weather the cmht could offer more in terms of mood disorder therapies which would be helpful as it's my main issue. Especially depression.

But they feel and I agree that with a therapeutic dose of anti psychotic my psychosis is under control. And she did have to remind me of how I'll I have been off meds to remind myself that med, for right now, are helpful.

I feel a bit better about this. It's not getting rid of them completely but is a move forward that I think I can accept.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #5
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I'm glad the discussion with your cpn was helpful. A step down approach sounds sensible.

Would it be helpful to write down the things she mentioned about how you are off your medication for you to read over next time that you question whether they are the best thing for you?

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)