RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 08-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
LozzyGirl
I'd rather be, anything but ordinary, please.

I am currently:
General Medical Question - Non Urgent - Loss of apatite.

I dont know if this is anything to worry about, but I thought I'd check just in case.
My apatite has gone completely. I sometimes have these periods where I eat little, but they dont last very long, and I eat normally within a few days. This has been going on for a week now. It'd not that I'm eating junk instead of meals, Im not eating much of anything. I'm drinking okay, which is good. I just wondered if this is anything to worry about, or if my apatite will just come back with time. I try to eat, but everything just tastes bland, or too sickly. I dont know if this makes much sense.
I'm just getting a little worried now.

Terminally Sad
R.I.P Nan. Love you always.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
MWS77

Hi there; I'm sorry you're having very little appetite; are you possibly coming down with something? I know if I start getting sick my appetite will go down quite a bit and it's almost like I'm having to force myself to eat. My advice, if you aren't coming down with a cold or anything like that, is to maybe give it a cpl more days and if it's still not better maybe see your dr to see what it could be.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Biba

I am currently:

Up until october i was same, loss of appetite, my family could not understand this, id get comments, i couldnt understand it myself, i eat when i was hungry mostly it be a sandwich idk it changes. my sister asked me many times i said its nothing im doing, i said only way i can try an explain it is when i look at food it dosnt always appeal to me its like , you wouldnt eat cardboard. but it did come back it took i dont know .. this is going on over 3 years. since october i cant belive the change im really enjoyn eating food. it will come back.

I looove to laugh.. laughter is a direct route to the soul it broadens your perspective, keeps you healthy, and makes an unbearable situation easier to deal with .. the world is brighter when we smile.

Laughter is a direct route to the soul. It broadens your perspective, keeps you healthy, and makes an unbearable situation alot easier to deal with.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
Animad

Are you on any meds or more likely started any recently or had the dose changed? This includes any over the counter meds and any herbal remedies and things of that sort too as they can all cause side effects. If so then it may be due to these and therefore if they're not prescribed meds I'd suggest coming off them to see what affect it has and if they are then talk about this with your doctor.

As others have said it may just be a stage. I have a mate who until she was I think 21 had never felt hunger in her living memory; she literally got worried when she did thinking there was something wrong and this was not down to her constantly eating, she just chronically had a lack of appetite. She still ate though she wasn't hungry but she often had to be reminded or would remember at like 11pm that she'd not eaten all day and would then go up and make something. What I'm saying is it may be you're going through a phase like this and if this is the case then what I'd suggest is just try and remember to eat at about the same level as you did before this and around the same times; stick an alarm on your phone if you're at home alone or something. Yep, it may not be the best thing but it is worth it.

However, yes, it could also be a problem you've now got and so if it doesn't sort itself out in th next couple of weeks or you find yourself struggling to eat because of this then see a doctor about it. A lot of health problems have loss of appetite as a symptom (a huge list, though there are some that have the opposite) so there's a chance something is going on especially if you've got anything else that isn't 'right'.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)