RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
zivalover16

I am currently:
Grandpa died

My grandfather died last month and I was very close to him. He was the only in the family who understood what I was going through as he had been through it too. There is a huge pain in my chest from his loss. Now that Christmas is here I don't know what to do. I don't know if I really want to celebrate it. I'm going to but I'm already starting to cry every night again. How do I handle this? I lost the one person who understood me the best. This is the first Christmas without him :( It's already painful.

Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 17-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
Tig

Hey lovely,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your Grandfather. It's an incredibly difficult time of year when you have lost somebody very close to you so recently and I'm sure many of us on RYL can empathise with your situation.

I wish I could say something that would help you to feel less pain but I don't think it's realistic unfortunately but I'm sending you lots and lots of gentle hugs.

Please know that we care about you on RYL and although we may not be able to take away your pain, I know that people will try to support you as best they can.

Try and be gentle with yourself <3 You are hurting and it's okay to be sad, don't berate yourself for it. Have you found anything comforting at all? It could be a piece of music or cuddling up under your covers with a teddy.

Thinking of you,

Lottie
x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
zivalover16

I am currently:

Thank you Lottie. Talking to my mom, Grandmother and cousin has helped me. I usually end up crying but it helps sometimes. I cry a lot at night. I'm actually going over to my grandmothers house this afternoon because she called and said she was depressed and need to decorate her house and I currently have her fake tree so I will bring it over. Thank you Lottie. I do usually end up curling up with an extra pillow or teddy.

Big Sister:Squiggles
Little Sister: PaintItBlack
Cousins: dereksarah, Hollz

zivalover16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
Tig

It's good that you will see your Grandmother this afternoon and I hope that it is helpful for you both to decorate the tree together. Would it help if you put something on the tree in his memory? You don't have to do it today because you might not have the things to do it but you could always do something like make a star in his memory and put it to the tree for example.

I'm glad it's been helpful talking to your Mom and cousin as well.

<3 xx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)