RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
imoverthis

I am currently:
no more control

i dont know what im going to do doing anymore. i can feel it taking over again and i want it to stop but i know it wont. i dont know what im going to do or where im gonna end up. i feel so useless going back to cutting. how long i can hold off is getting less and less. first free for two months, and now just two weeks. i dont know if i can get through this on my own anymore. i just want to stop everything.

cutting is the only thing thats keeping me here at the moment. and i dont even know if thats going to be enough anymore. i tried to fight these thoughts and feelings, but it hasnt worked. i tried all i could do but i dont think their is a solution to this anymore. it makes me feel something at least. even if it leaves a mark, it makes me feel. the pain is irrelevant in comparison to how im feeling.

i dont care about the scars anymore because no one will see them. no one will ever see. when i do it, its as though its what i should be feeling. im not sure if i can stop it this time. i think its going to take over completely now but i think it already has.

imoverthis is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 27-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
Connor1
...right....

I am currently:

I'm sorry to hear that, i know how hard it is to fight it. but you dont have to do this alone, you never have to do it alone, there are people who will listen, i will listen, you just have to remember the happy times and imagine what your life will be like if you stay strong, do your best and thats all anyone can ask for! if you fail then start again because you want to stop! :)

Connor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
imoverthis

I am currently:

thanks for the kind words. it means a lot. ive always done things on my own. and i dont think i know how to change it.

Old 27-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
Connor1
...right....

I am currently:

why not talk about what made you begin to SH? maybe if you talk about it you could beging to feel more open about it, start to talk more?

Old 27-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
imoverthis

I am currently:

Do you mean to another person like that's here? I'm not good with those soughta of things at all. I don't like to talk too much about some certain things. I've posted a few threads on here before.

Old 27-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
Connor1
...right....

I am currently:

to anyboady you feel you could trust really, i know im offering advice i wouldnt take myself :/ but its up to you :)

Old 28-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #7
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

when you're trying to quit, are you trying to quit by sheer will power? like, without replacing the harming with a different positive coping skill... because if you're not replacing it with something, you're bound to give in. it just builds up. you've got to still handle the feelings that cause the urge, you've got to do something in response to the urge, your response just cannot be harmful to yourself or others

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
imoverthis

I am currently:

i dont have anything else. i just stop myself with my mind. i having nothing else that works without hurting myself.

Old 28-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
PassedExpectations

I am currently:

what does harming yourself do for you? relieve tension? create sensation? express feelings?...

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

Katie

Old 29-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
imoverthis

I am currently:

all of that. helps me calm down and makes me feel how i should feel. or how im feeling inside. makes me feel alive but i think that sounds bad to say, but its the truth.

Old 30-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #11
PassedExpectations

I am currently:

are you able to tell which one of those you need each time you go to harm? because those are each different purposes, and the same techniques won't work for each different sort of urge. relaxation, taking a bath, and that sort of thing may work well for moments when you need to feel calm. but those won't work when you need to feel alive. you'll need different skills to use in that situation...

Katie

Old 30-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #12
imoverthis

I am currently:

i do. some of the times. the other times my head is just jumbled with too many things and i need it to settle.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)