RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #1
Sadandstuck

I have messed up my life, are there any other options besides the 2 horrible ones that I see?

Warning: long and whiny post

My (26f) problem is that I'm a stupid baby adult still living at home. I live in Colorado where rent is extremely high, I don't know anybody or have any friends I can move out with. I am not educated and I do not feel like staying here while I study because I sleep on a couch in the basement and my stuff is crammed into a corner, there's literally no room for me and I'm already so old.

I did not qualify for the airforce, blue collar work did not at all suit me and I hated it (gave it a shot for 2 years).

The only options I see left are to sell my soul for a college dorm and education, or move out to live in poverty in the ghetto which is terrifying because I have no street smarts and am physically very small.

To borrow the money it would take for both tuition and room/board is mind boggling. Even if I go for computer science, I'm afraid I'd never get it paid off.

I can't believe I've screwed up my life this much, the reason I don't have many friends and no boyfriends is I can barely look at myself in the mirror. I am incredibly ashamed and humiliated to be sleeping on my parents couch in their basement at 26. I can't face anyone, I feel so unintelligent, worthless and embarrassed.

What is the smartest, least humiliating option left?

Sadandstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 20-06-2018, 01:03 AM   #2
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

Have you thought about part time study then you can pay your way through with a full time job.
Or seeing if anyone is advertising for a room mate?

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)