RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2017, 12:24 AM   #1
Escaping Sadness

I am currently:
SH evolving? (possibly triggering)

I first starting out cutting as a form of SH. I haven't in almost 3 years, but I don't think the SH ever stopped. it just changed. Instead I started starving myself. Now I'm hitting myself in the head with heavy objects and punching myself. Has anyone else ever dealt with this? I want to stop entirely, but I don't know how. I don't know how to cope without pain.

Escaping Sadness is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 10-04-2017, 12:31 AM   #2
Sketchy

I am currently:

I have moved onto different ways of self harming than when I first started as well as harming the way I have always done, so yes, I can relate.
I'm trying to stop and I'm getting professional help to do so. Do you think you could speak to someone about it? Are you getting any help? Maybe it would be an idea to see your doctor to ask for help.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:58 AM   #3
Escaping Sadness

I am currently:

I don't have the money or resources to get professional help. Because of this I also haven't told my family. There's nothing they can do.

Old 13-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #4
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

I can relate to self harm changing methods but ultimately all the things are self destructive and it's important to try and address the reasons why you are self destructing in order to be able to move forward and heal. I know you say that you can't afford professional help but are there any community groups or volunteer services you could use to explore some of the routes to your self harming behaviours?

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 03:32 AM   #5
Escaping Sadness

I am currently:

I live in a very rural area, we don't have that kind of stuff. I don't know why I feel like I have to self harm, it's just the only way I know how to deal with stress and anxiety.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:58 PM   #6
Celticroots

I am currently:

SH has evolved for me. First it was cutting. Then it became punching myself with objects until I bruised. Now I flip back and forth between bruising and cutting.

Like you, I don't know what it's like to cope without inflicting some sort of pain on myself. Honestly, I can't face the thought of stopping entirely, so I see going longer and longer stretches without it to be good. I am better than where I used to be.

Celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)