RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #1
Diack19

I am currently:
Positive recovery post - Pass it on...

Hey there so this is the first time that I have been on this site in a very long time and i thought it would be good to post some positive messages around. I'm not going to lie it is very difficult to stay self harm free, it is a daily struggle but it is worth it, i have been clean now for a while, this comes from learning to love yourself and be okay with who you are. This takes a ton of time and effort to do, but for me personally I am in a much better place now than say five years ago. I hope that at least one person will come across this post and find it helpful, because then that is me passing the positivity on. If you do happen to see this, post your own positive message on here and lets try and inspire each other to love ourselves more.

Diack19 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
MyLastKiss

I am currently:

Wow you've done great. Thanks for sharing.

I've been nearly SI-free for nearly two month, I dare say.

MyLastKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey, well done both of you for everything you've achieved and thank you for sharing your positive thoughts.

I'm six years free now and that seems like a long time but it started with one day and then one month. It always seems impossible 'til it's done I guess!

And in terms of a positive self-love message, this says it better than I can:

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #4
tamobhuuta

I'm 2 and a half months free. My therapy and meds are helping. Once I went 5 and a half years free and I am aiming to beat that.

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 06:23 PM   #5
Moonlight Princess
Never forgetting to be awesome

I am currently:

Well done all of you, great work!
This is also a lovely idea for a thread!
I've been free for three years this month and I've gone from dreading life to being excited by it and let me say that journey to get there is super worth it!

You might have to take a risk and do things in a way you haven't done before to show yourself what life could be like. For me I started to try to believe what my friends said about me. I told myself it was just an experiment at first to make it easier at the beginning. If I was at heart a good person then I didn't need to hurt myself or be unkind to myself. I tried to think about how I would treat a person who was actually decent and that was the start of me getting to this point. Another thing that became clear is that the the times when I've most hated myself is when I've not been able to function due to, you guessed it, hating myself. Hating yourself is not going to make you into a "better" person, it's just going to give more crap to deal with, and it's pointless anyway because you're already good enough. I know that I'm a much better daughter and friend now that I'm not being screamed at in my head about how perfect I needed to be. Nobody's perfect, you don't have to be, but all of you, including me, deserve better that feeling like you have to self harm.

P.S Love that quote Jenna and I couldn't agree more.

Last edited by Moonlight Princess : 18-09-2018 at 06:36 PM.

You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you wish to make.

Moonlight Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #6
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

I’m two and a half years free - I’m still not sure how I’ve made it this far! It is still a real struggle, some times more than others, but on the whole it has got easier with time. Every time I hit a ‘dip’ with my depression it tends to be a real fight not to self harm, but so far I’ve been able to hold off doing it - I just take it one day and one battle at a time!

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #7
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

So many huge achievements here, well done all of you!

Another positive message:

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #8
hoodies

I am currently:

Everyone on here is so amazing!

I mean it says in my signature, it's not really long but yeah, it's still one step more than nothing!

hoodies is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)