RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
muchlove

I am currently:
"contemplation group" therapy

Hi
I have been offered a place on the ED contemplation group therapy and was wondering if anyone has done anything like this? It's a 12 week group therapy course that tries to get you to look more in depth at your eating disorder and what role it plays. Anyone got any ideas what this might entail?
X

"I may be laying in the gutter but I'm staring up at the stars"

muchlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Laura2.0

I am going to Group every Other week and for me It is a Greta Environment where i Discover how others perceive me and that they can Relate to me in Points where i thought they couldnt, even though they are a different Age and they have different diagnosis than me.

Its not an ed Group though, so i dunno if thats what you are asking for.

You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena

Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Epicene

I am currently:

Contemplation Groups are generally designed for people who want to begin looking at their ED in more detail, but aren't entirely sure whether they want therapy to change their behaviours altogether.

You will probably find that you do activities such as thinking about the pros and cons of your ED, working out how much time it occupies in your daily life, and learning about the long-term impact having an ED can have on your health. It should be taken at your pace and respect your views about how ready you are to change. It really is just a first step to think about where you're at with your ED right now.

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)