RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:
"Remember today, I have no respect for you..."

Yeah, I am quoting Silverchair from their Neon Ballroom album that I have owned for ages...But I seriously feel like this is how every potential "romantic" partner has treated me.........I just feel used all the time, I guess...Yuck...Is it really that difficult to meet someone you can connect with on an emotional level? I have yet to find that..........

-poisonous-

-Asphyxia- is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 30-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Stellata

Can you connect with yourself on an emotional level?

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

I've felt able to relate to that line too. Sometimes I personally try to say to myself "should I expect someone else to do this for me when I won't do it for myself?". This sort of makes me more inclined to respect myself and figure myself out emotionally.

Maybe meeting different kinds of people might help?

BridgesAndBalloons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:57 AM   #4
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellata View Post
Can you connect with yourself on an emotional level?

Whoa. I totally forgot I made this thread.......Drunk post, oops.

Um.....Anyways, I guess if I really think about your question......I probably don't connect with myself on an emotional level. I tend to bottle things up and have a hard time talking about stuff/getting super close to people.....

A good friend has often said that I don't "Take care of myself..." Which I guess is kind of true: I drink too much, don't always eat enough, blah, blah.....Hell, I am a member on this site so that says a lot right there...

I guess lately, I"ve just felt really lonely.....I'm ready to be in a committed relationship, but no one seems to want that...If I have one more person tell me they "Love hanging out with me but don't want anything serious," I am going to puke...Maybe it's an age thing? I'm 26...My self-esteem has been shot to hell as well because a "friend" said some very hurtful things to me....and he's also someone I've liked romantically.....and now we're not talking.

I'm starting to think there is something wrong with me. I understand that if a partner in a relationship is....emotionally unstable......for lack of a better phrase....that it's difficult on the other half of the couple.....Like, I am living proof. I've been dumped b/c of my depression/"moods" whatever you want to call it......I've had people tell me it's hard to sometimes be around me because I can be quite self-deprecating/loathing...Throw a few drinks in me and it can get bad.

I mean, it's kind of pathetic that I'm at this age and super single. It's even more pathetic that I've put up with some of the jerks I've dated. Maybe I am subconsciously self-sabatoging myself...Or IDK if this makes sense, but...Maybe my self esteem is so crap I just don't feel like I deserve anything better? So I am going along with the losers....?

Sorry for the rambling...but thanks for the replies.

-poisonous-

-Asphyxia- is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)