RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
Lewisc39
LewLew

I am currently:
Back stronger :)

Hi all, some of you may remember speaking to me in a thread I made over in serious discussion and advice forum. Sorry for dissappearing on you like that but I went away for a while and had no internet connection to be Able to post.

So now I'm back home and I'm clean and sober no more alcohol, no more drugs, no more feeling sorry for myself all the time (we'll see how that bit goes lol) and I've enrolled on a college course. A lot of it is in part thanks to you guys and gals... The thought of those of you on here that are fighting the struggle has gave me a lot of strength. Thank you and keep fighting everyday, you're worth it!

Now as a way of trying to show some support for the people who suffer from mental health problems and to give me something to work towards and keep focused on, I'm partaking in a charity bike ride. The charity is:

http://www.cycleagainstsuicide.com

It starts in Dublin before working 1400 miles around the coast of Ireland to finish at Dublin again, you can just opt to do certain legs of it but I'm planning on doing the full 1400 miles. Though depending how I feel at the time I may end up cutting that 200 miles short and finishing at home, we'll see how well my prior training goes though as the aim is to finish in Dublin.

So again, thank you :) and wish me luck hehe.

The three grand essentials of happiness are: Something to do, Someone to love, and Something to hope

Lewisc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
crazykat
Fight for another day

That sounds really positive, well done and good luck

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Ktulu

Glad to hear you're doing well Lewis. A friend of mine and her brothers are training for that cycle as well. I think it's a great idea.

Be kind - everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Ktulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Hobbes

I am currently:

Really good luck doing this Lewis, it looks awesome!

Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)