RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 28-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #161
GossipGirl-xoxo

I am currently:

I am really sorry if this comes across as horrible but this thread should be closed. Its very clear that no matter what we say you are not going to take our advice and seek medical help for the problems you have posted about. And not one of us can help you as we are not medical people. Em not even sure what you want to gain from using this site. If its support fine. We can support you. Advice yes we can advise you. But we cannot change your mind and we cannot do more than what we all already have. If your not willing to help yourself by going the doctors there is nothing any of us can do for you im afraid.

Im too tired to listen.
Im too old to believe
All these childish stories
There is no such thing as
Faith&Trust&Pixiedust

Happiness can be found in the darkest of places.
If only one remembers to to turn on the light.

Old 28-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #162
Derpy
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

I'm unable to stop them happening but I can try to stop them spreading to my body. I can pm you a link to the recording?

Old 28-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #163
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemsip View Post
I am really sorry if this comes across as horrible but this thread should be closed. Its very clear that no matter what we say you are not going to take our advice and seek medical help for the problems you have posted about. And not one of us can help you as we are not medical people. Em not even sure what you want to gain from using this site. If its support fine. We can support you. Advice yes we can advise you. But we cannot change your mind and we cannot do more than what we all already have. If your not willing to help yourself by going the doctors there is nothing any of us can do for you im afraid.
Don't like the thread? Simple solution, don't post?
I'm through with people trying to close my threads. I don't see anyone else's threads getting attacked and being said they should be closed. If you don't like my thread don't try to get it closed because I deserve support as much as everyone else on this forum. Just people think I deserve less support because I'm antipsych.

Old 28-01-2014, 07:37 PM   #164
Derpy

I am currently:

What is it with the people on this forum?
'See a doctor or no help whatsoever?'
That'd ^ be a damn good site motto

Sorry to those who are genuinely trying to help people on this forum, just people like this really piss me off

Old 28-01-2014, 07:40 PM   #165
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy View Post
I'm unable to stop them happening but I can try to stop them spreading to my body. I can pm you a link to the recording?
I would feel uncomfortable seeing the recording as I probably won't be able to say much more than I already have. I wouldn't say it was definitely a seizure or definitely not a seizure because as I've said before, it's incredibly complicated and all I have to go on is personal experience and conversations with others, I don't have 6 years of medical training.

I didn't actually think much of the seizures at first. I was at the GP for something else and was like, yeah, and this happened and he sent me straight to the hospital for a scan, it then took another 4 or 5 months to be diagnosed.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 28-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #166
Derpy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacoethes View Post
I would feel uncomfortable seeing the recording as I probably won't be able to say much more than I already have. I wouldn't say it was definitely a seizure or definitely not a seizure because as I've said before, it's incredibly complicated and all I have to go on is personal experience and conversations with others, I don't have 6 years of medical training.

I didn't actually think much of the seizures at first. I was at the GP for something else and was like, yeah, and this happened and he sent me straight to the hospital for a scan, it then took another 4 or 5 months to be diagnosed.
That's perfectly okay. I seem to be having less now, they may just stop on their own, who knows?

Old 28-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #167
GossipGirl-xoxo

I am currently:

How can you hope to possibly get better without ever seeing a doctor? Im not even on about MH now im on about on a day to day basis. If you break your leg what your just going to sit there and let it heal by itself because you don't like doctors and you think there going to section you. They section people who are severely ill and who cannot cope living in the environment there living in. It baffles me. You've heard one horror story and your now saying you won't go incase they section you. We have all said how unlikely this is going to happen. And how is sending a recording to someone going to diagnose you with seizure or whatever it is. The only way to find out is by going the doctors. Like I said im sorry if this seems rude and trust me I am not going to comment again.

Im too tired to listen.
Im too old to believe
All these childish stories
There is no such thing as
Faith&Trust&Pixiedust

Happiness can be found in the darkest of places.
If only one remembers to to turn on the light.

Old 28-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #168
Derpy

I am currently:

I welcomed your posts WHEN they were constructive

Old 28-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #169
Sketchy

I am currently:

I think the problem is that you are asking questions we may not be able to answer and in these cases it can be dangerous to give a wrong answer. Please respect that and that no one wants to see you in harm. You are very defensive and ask questions where you know all we can say is "see a doctor". Please accept that we do this with kindness and concern and we don't always have answers. Other people get questioned and disagreed with in their threads. It's not a bad thing.

To get the most out of these boards you need to respect others opinions. Yes its a two way thing. We understand you are anti psych, but sometimes people need to hear what they really don't want to.

If you have a physical problem the only way to get it fixed is to see a doctor. Sometimes we have to just deal with it and the possible consequences.

Old 28-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #170
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

This thread has now been closed.

As with the last thread, we CANNOT advise you to do anything else with a medical condition other than seek advice from a medical professional. This thread has now descended into the same old arguments about mental health professionals rather than a thread for support.

Please do not make another thread regarding this matter unless you are asking for support regarding your feelings about the seizures, we are not allowed to give advice on medical conditions, omitting things to the doctors or anything else of this nature.

Thank you.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)