RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #21
crazywildlazychild

I am currently:

i was put on it when i was 16. i think it worked for abit, but then my symptoms changed, wasnt so much depression. was more depression and agitation/happyness but out of control, kind of manic but not full mania... hypermania? so came off it. about a month ago was put on citalopram (my psych wanted to put me on olanzepine aswell as citalopram but didnt cos i have exams at the mo n itd make me sleepy. for the two to act as a mood stabiliser theyd have to be taken at the same time. it didnt make sense to me to just be on one..) . anyway citalopram made me rapid cycle (i think), made me really disociative, cut too deep had to go to hospital. im fed up, thought meds would be the answer but theyre not. now waiting for a mood disorder clinic appointment for them to decide what, if anything id the matter with me n what to put me on.
sorry this isnt really about prozac that much.

crazywildlazychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #22
crazywildlazychild

I am currently:

* i didnt come off it (prozac) because it made me manic. id stopped taking it before then cos it wasnt working. abit after stopping taking it i experienced the agitation/happyness. im such a **** explainer, sorry.

crazywildlazychild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #23
bhyndbluis

I am currently:

prozac is good at least for me. it really makes you feel like crap through when ever the dose is increased

bhyndbluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #24
surprising mystery

I am currently:

i am on 60mg of the stuff and it took agers for it to give any effect but it did help eventually. Dose increase never made me feel icky other than a little bit sick. does calm down after about 2 hours after taking the stuff so if it is a real problem ask your dr if you can take it at night before bed so you sleep through the nausea. works for me. hope it goes well xxx

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

surprising mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #25
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Prozac is working pretty well for me with my other meds. I was on a low dose first and that didn't do too much, but I did feel a little bitty better. And then the next dose we tried I slept tons, but when I was awake, I felt GREAT. So they changed the dose and now I'm awake and feeling good. So give it a shot.

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #26
Belt
Nerd

I am currently:

Be really careful-do not get your hopes up-at all.

I attempted suicide because I felt no difference in my mood after three upped dosages of prozac, after maybe 3 months? It takes alot of time.

Even now I don't feel much difference-except maybe, all my emotions are inside rather than so open-crying uncontrollably etc.

Meh

"Robyn, so many people care about you.
You know that."

Belt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:41 AM   #27
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

For me I had an intial high for a couple of weeks and thought everything was fantastic, then I woke up one morning back in the really low place and have been ever since. Plus it stopped me from sleeping.

I hope that it helps you. Take care. xxx

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #28
RynFace
Crazy Lesbian

I am currently:

Prozac takes a while for things to even out.
In the begining I had a very hard time sleeping snd it made me extereamly jittery and compulsively preform repetitive motions (tapping, Rocking, Hand motions ect.)

Eventually most of that wore off though, and it seems to be working well.
Trust your doctor.

-ryn

RynFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:46 AM   #29
musicboxdancer

I am currently:

Prozac made me have extreme mppd swings... and it made things worse for me. But my sister has been doing really well on it for almost 2 years. They switched me over to Celexa and I am doing ok on it. Anti - depressants are really weird. At least, to me they are. Sometimes I get little bursts of the fakest happiness ever and I can't stop even if something really is bothering me. But most of the time I think they are helpful. Just remember that it's a long process and if Prozac isn't good for you they will keep trying until they feel you are getting help from the meds.

musicboxdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 AM   #30
Bleach
♪ I just made you up to hurt myself ♪

I am currently:

If you're doctor has prescribed you it then they seem to think that it is the best thing to help you at the moment, but make sure you keep her/him informed on how you feel and if you notice any changes about yourself.
I went on prozac a while back, but after a short while i got some weird side effects, like uncontrollable shaking and going off in really weird moods its kinda hard to explain, but i was with one of my friends when if happened and he realy freaked out. So yeah, it didnt work at all for me, but just make sure you keep an eye on things and that you keep letting your doctor know how you are, and remember its still up to you whether you want to take it or not.
Good Luck! xxxx

Bleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)