RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
DollyPOP

I am currently:
Child Like Thoughts and Dissociation?? DID/DDNOS

I keep having child like thought tracks running through my head, but not voices this time, although they have come back, but thinking like a child but i'm aware of it. I have been diagnosed with suffering Dissociative States, basically a less severe version of DID, after a diagnosis of DID, so I'm wondering if this is that, or my imagination?

Because it's confusing, i mean who thinks like a 7 year old?

Anyone experienced this. If it is dissociation I can't be 100% dissociated because I'm aware and able to differentiate thoughts from my thoughts, it's just, weird. Anyone get this?
xx

DollyPOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
Stellata

I get this - though I don't, technically have dissociation in my clinical diagnosis. But I still have a mind in me frozen somewhere around age 5, and often even much younger, from the traumas I've experienced. Therapy helps me keep track of it, mostly.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
Horizon

I am currently:

I have DID, and sometimes, if I'm co-conscious with an alter, I am aware of their thoughts, even when they're not talking in my head.

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
DollyPOP

I am currently:

Thanks for your replies. This really helps.

Maybe I've been co-conscious. I don't know. :?

Old 09-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
foxfly
little skinless

I am currently:

I don't have DID, but I did have trauma in early childhood, and I do experience childlike thinking too. I get a lot of thoughts about wanting to hide and cover up, but I think about them in a sort of childish way? That's hard to explain, but I often feel like there's a child in my head thinking these things. It's confusing, and not much helps it. Sometimes I give in and hide for a while, and that actually helps.

Sit on my finger, sing in my ear, O littleblood.

foxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Porcelain Child
The Name Is Claire..

I am currently:

I went through abuse as a child and teen and i have the same problem although i am not aware that i am acting like a child..

Porcelain Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
DollyPOP

I am currently:

Thanks for your replies. I must've been in a "state" because I pretty much demanded we go and eat McFlurries, skipped down the street was restless and a whole other number of childlish things that I was powerless to stop myself from doing, like demanding my carer put my shoes on for me etc. I'm just confused because for one: I was aware slightly and two: I can remember it...

Normally my memory is off. Eating brought me back around though to myself, maybe thats a grounding technique?

Hs anyone found eating to be a grounding technique?

Old 10-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
Stellata

I guess it can bring you back to your body in the present.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #9
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

i know how you feel.
im a bit 'out of it' right now,
so not much help.
but you can pm anytime if you wanna.

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
DollyPOP

I am currently:

Thanks. I spend half my life "out of it".

I wish treatment would hurry up and come along. I keep getting dual thought tracks again, which are always a bad sign because it's only a matter of time until they become overwhelming and I act on them. :/ xx

Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
risenfromperdition

*sits with*

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
DollyPOP

I am currently:

Thanks Hun. I posted in "serious discussion" I'm just not coping. Today I've had my head in my hands begging my carer to make it stop, just make it end I can't take it, and neither can she she's at her wits end with it all. !!

Ugh I just I'm just lost I suppose. Xx

Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #13
risenfromperdition

aww im sorry :( wish i had some kind of advice =\ you can pm me if you wanna though. x

Old 12-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #14
BeccaJane

I am currently:
Not alone

I get this a lot although my case manager refuses to acknowledge it and tells me I am playing games. I know I dissociate a lot and it is scary sometimes. I don't really know what I can say that will help you but I just wanted you to know you are not alone

BeccaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #15
DollyPOP

I am currently:

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone. It's just hard, and difficult to stay strong when there's another person in your head. I think though that you should ask for a second opinion, it is not professional for them to not take you seriously.

It's really tough having voices and dual thought tracks and being taken over from time to time. Really tough. xx

Old 12-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #16
risenfromperdition

how are you feeling today?
*sits with*

Old 13-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #17
Artemisia

I am currently:

I have similar. I just realised a few things. Thank you so much for posting this.

I'm currently away on holiday

Artemisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
DollyPOP

I am currently:

You're welcome, Thank You for your support. I'm OK.

I've been struggling saying no to the voices/intrusive thoughts. They're not taking over me 100% but enough. I got caught out and bought a blades yesterday but they've since been confiscated.

holding on tight, seeing my GP soon, and my psych. xx

Old 19-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
risenfromperdition

hey, just wondering how you're doing recently. <3

Old 20-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #20
DollyPOP

I am currently:

I'm OK, Thanks. Just bimbling on. I told my psych everything he said I'm obviously more stable than a couple of months ago but he can't guarantee I'l stay that way in the future but we'll have to take it as it comes incase I am fine.

So we're just living on edge t be honest, my thoughts are scary but if I stay distracted and just let myself zone out all the time it's easier. I keep wanting to kill myself though, but I'm just thinking about my partner, the person I'll be leaving behind... so far it's working. x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)