Old 13-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #1061
Stellata

*holds a safe, nurturing space for everyone*

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #1062
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

Thanks, Stellata.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 09:00 PM   #1063
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Can I join the safe space? Sick of the extremes. Had been good the past week and a half, hadn't cut. This morning I woke up feeling crap again, it's never going to leave me is it? Cut this morning before going to work. Why do I think that this will ever change? How can I go to being fairly positive for a week and then to wake up like this and nothing having happened to have triggered it?

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #1064
Stellata

Course you can.

Everyone has different feelings. Over time the extremes can come into more balance, and you get more able to be with and tolerate the extremes without falling into hurting yourself because of it.
It does take time and a lot of hard work, though, I know!

Usually there is something that stirs up low mood - maybe you had a dream that had an impact unconsciously, maybe you're impacted by the weather, maybe there was something that happened yesterday that is bugging you from deep down, maybe your hormones have kicked in... all kinds of possibilities.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #1065
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

I'm not sure if I want it to take time. Not sure how long I can manage being like this. CPN said that he had filled in a referral/questionnaire form for the psychotherapy place. Apparently they send me one in the next couple of weeks. He said that once that is sorted, I should be able to get an assessment appt quite soon. I know this is the best way forward long term but it scares me. I have been trying to re-bury things and that has helped my day-to-day mood so I am afraid of tipping the balance too far that way again. Sorry, sounds silly.

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

Old 13-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #1066
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

May I ask
if difficulty in emotional regulation
is a diagnosis of BPD...
Because my psych used it in capitals

ie;
"difficulty in Emotional Regulation"

thank you.
x

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 12:59 AM   #1067
ems

I am currently:

I wish i could curl up and sleep fro a year or so and wake up a new person.. mmm

~~I'm FINE...on the outside~~
~~Beneath the surface lies a shattered heart and an exhausted soul, simply longing... just longing to be whole~~

ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #1068
Tig

BPD can also be called Emotion Regulation Disorder Sarey but you'd be best off asking your psychiatrist if that's what she meant because it might not be what she was getting at at all. Also, she can't diagnose you with BPD / Emotion Regulation until you are 18.

xxx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #1069
pixiedust

I am currently:

Urgh I hate being so impulsive.

Sometimes the way in life seems cloudy...But remember, after the storm comes clear skies

pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #1070
Cryptic.

I am currently:

Okay I will ask her. It just seems odd she was using capital letters instead of lower case. Indicated she was saying something.
I suit BPD quite well. I can relate to practically all the symptoms.

Old 14-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #1071
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

People with BPD do have difficulties in regulating their emotion, but being told you have difficulties in regulating your emotions is not the same as a BPD diagnosis (your psych would have said it outright most likely), but it would be useful to ask her to clarify.

Has anyone here felt like they have two sides to them? Like, I feel like I'm living a double life. One part of me is the psychiatric patient who takes medication and self harms and feels vulnerable etc, and the other part of me is the person who does voluntary work and helps with the housework and cooking dinner and all the responsible stuff.

I know it's not DID because I don't space out or feel like one takes control. But they do feel separate, and I'm aware of that and what one I feel like I am at any given moment.

Just wondering if it's a BPD thing, really.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

Old 14-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #1072
whirlpools

i do, control freak. i know i am very capable. i think this is common of a lot of people with BPD. in the therapeutic community, the whole thing worked because there were sides of people who were poorly and there were sides that were well and could deal with crisis. so if two people were in crisis, say, the whole of the rest of the comm. who were relatively well would support each other to deal with it.

i guess it's good to recognise that both sides are true, even if they feel separate, they are both part of you.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #1073
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

I understand that controlfreak. There is the side of me who is uber-useful and competent at work and in sorting out other people's problems and there is the other side which is the real me - terrified, self harming, freak, who is scared and bored of life and wants to self destruct.

Old 14-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #1074
Starz*
My angel

I am currently:

i ditto that.

i just wanna goto bed for a very long time.

Starz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #1075
Cryptic.

I am currently:

Sometimes professionals don't like to diagnose people though, they say it in a sort of blurry way, just a slight description... *shrugs*

Old 16-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #1076
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

It feels better to know I'm not alone, but of course sad to read that so many of you are struggling.

Old 16-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #1077
rockaroni
Captain Rainbow!!!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust View Post
Urgh I hate being so impulsive.
Agreed to the max. At least yesterday I only got into minimal trouble with it.

Wake me up before I change again
Remind me the story that I won't get insane
Tell me why it's always the same
Explain me the reason why I'm so much in pain.

rockaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #1078
ems

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by control freak View Post
People with BPD do have difficulties in regulating their emotion, but being told you have difficulties in regulating your emotions is not the same as a BPD diagnosis (your psych would have said it outright most likely), but it would be useful to ask her to clarify.

Has anyone here felt like they have two sides to them? Like, I feel like I'm living a double life. One part of me is the psychiatric patient who takes medication and self harms and feels vulnerable etc, and the other part of me is the person who does voluntary work and helps with the housework and cooking dinner and all the responsible stuff.

I know it's not DID because I don't space out or feel like one takes control. But they do feel separate, and I'm aware of that and what one I feel like I am at any given moment.

Just wondering if it's a BPD thing, really.
I feel like two people, there so many internal struggles. I've been told it can be part of BPD. I just feel constantly torn in two, like my two sides are fighting each other for the front space. The selfharming, suicidal miserable hopeless psych patient vs the responsable academic caring girl. Very irritating

~~I'm FINE...on the outside~~
~~Beneath the surface lies a shattered heart and an exhausted soul, simply longing... just longing to be whole~~

ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #1079
private-tears

I am currently:

im bpd.... but i find its such a horrible diagnosis :( doctors treat me strange cuz of it

alone in a world of people

Razors pain you, rivers are damp, acid stains you, drugs cause cramps, gun aren't lawful, nooses give, gas smells awful, you might as well live.

private-tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2008, 04:28 PM   #1080
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

Its not horrible

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)