RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2023, 04:40 PM   #1
jaythejester
jester from birth

I am currently:
How early do I start moving?

I'm moving out in 6 months, and thats a very unmovable deadline. I've never moved fully out before, so I'm not sure what a good packing timeline is. Should I start packing sooner rather than later? I'm already clearing out things I won't keep, but I'm not sure when to start packing the things I am keeping. Would 2-3 months before the move be to little time or too much? I haven't moved since I was 7, and I didn't pack my own things then.

" I am lost without you here and outside it looks like rain."
-city lights by motionless in white

jaythejester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 08:31 PM   #2
Auror.
Camden

personally we don't pack anything until the day or two before because we can't stand to see things out of place or in boxes, and we don't want to stress out our dog either.

that said, if you know you have things you won't be using or needing for a while, there's nothing wrong with packing those anywhere from a few weeks to month or so out. if it won't bother you to have things lying around that way. for example if it's summer when you're moving, when the weather warms up and you don't need your winter clothes anymore, you could pack them. but if it's stuff you will need then you don't want to have to keep unpacking things.

a couple months out sounds a bit much to us, but if you want to take it slow and it won't bother you, there's really no right or wrong way or time to do it.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)