RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2018, 02:04 AM   #1
dark_angel1720

Spilled coffee at work and i'm devastated

I accidentally knocked over a cup of coffee near the end of my shift. I had the extremely painful and devastated expression on my face. When a coworker asked me what was wrong, I burst into tears and told her I spilled coffee and that it’s emotionally painful. She and a few other coworkers said it’s no big deal and to clean it up. One other coworker just looked at me weird.

I just wish I could have sympathy from everyone, but I’m glad I was able to get sympathy from a few. That’s better than none. I’m just a little kid. I went on to call 2 of my coworkers mom and another one my nurse since she previously worked in health care. I whined and cried to those people after my coffee spilled and for a couple other catastrophes (such as sanitizer bottle falling apart).

I'm just weirded out by the male coworker who looked at me weird. Why would ANYONE look at me weird? I'm just a child (at least emotionally). That is the question.

Old 15-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #2
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I’m not sure if this is a serious thread but I’ll reply anyway. To be honest your coworker probably looked at you ‘weird’ because it’s not common to cry over a cup of coffee spilling or to call other colleagues ‘Mom’ etc, nor is it very professional. I’ve seen your other threads and it seems as though you’re going down the route of forming an unhealthy emotional attachment to your colleagues again. You said you’re ‘just a child’ but I presume since you’re working and at college that you’re actually an adult? Do you have a therapist you talk to about your attachments and emotional reactions towards things?

Why did you feel glad when you got sympathy? How would you have responded if a colleague cried over spilling their drink?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 17-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #3
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

In a previous thread you mentioned that you had made an appointment with a counsellor and that you were looking for a therapist. How did that go? If you haven't already made an appointment I think you should as you need some sort of professional help in learning appropriate work behaviour as in previous threads you have demonstrated that you behave inappropriately in your job. Failing that a doctor as you may have some sort of learning disabilities (whether diagnosed or not).

Last edited by not_so_insig : 17-04-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)