RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:
The Dumping Ground/Tracy Beaker

OK so I know there are fellow Tracy Beaker and The Dumping Ground fans out there so I figured we should have a thread to discuss the amazing show on.

Last night I was rather wide awake and watched old Tracy Beaker Returns episodes on iPlayer and they were brilliant, even though I have seen them before. I was literally snorting with laughter one minute and in tears the next.

I was also thinking about how amazing the young actors and actresses are. I particularly love the little boy who plays Harry- I think he is amazing but watching old episodes it was interesting to see how they have all grown up over the time they have been doing it!

One of the old episodes I watched was with the two refugees and I thought it was such a great episode!

*waffles endlessly*

ChocolateMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
Gordon.
Tanquergay

I am currently:

Yes, I am fascinated by the old and new episodes and seeing how actors that have been in it throughout have changed!

Founder of: Capstealy avoidance method 3 aka The Steph Da First Method

The picture above was kindly created by Sentient Treacle (leafy girl)

Gordon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #3
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

I kept meaning to make this thread, nice one Claire!

I love it!

The end.

No, seriously, last week's episode of The Dumping Ground in which Gus was fostered has been my favourite episode so far. I think it was really well produced. I agree 'Harry' was very good in Friday's episode. It's funny, it seems like some of the actors have really grown up and changed and others not so. My favourite episode of Tracy Beaker Returns has to be the one in which Lily falls off the roof in series two, but I also love the episode in series one where Tracy tries to reunite Lily and her sisters. I like that storyline a lot. The episode where Liam goes to live with his brother, who's an undercover policeman is also really good and a favourite of mine!

The night before last I watched Tracy Beaker: The Movie of Me. I watch it quite regularly, it's really good feel good TV. I actually have two copies of the DVD, you know, in case anything happens to one of them, but that's our little secret!

*Joins Claire in waffling endlessly!*

Sir Phillip: Veg-a-ta-pal extraordinaire!

Foxtrot Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

That was a really good episode with Gus being fostered by lesbians and the response from the other kids about it. I really wish Jonny and T would get fostered because Jonny always gets grumpy when other kids are fostered. I would like it if they were fostered, then realised that they preferred living at the DG!

Who do you think has not really grown up? I watched the one were Lily fell off the roof last night and the 3 following ones (I <3 iPlayer). I love it when you forget bits of episodes and then watching them or hearing about them its like O YEAH! Like I watched the one after Lily falling off the roof and Mike accidentally punched the woman writing the report and then he was talking to Gina and was saying something and randomly went 'was that before or after I punched her in the face' and I just lol'ed :p

I don't know if I have seen the Tracy Beaker movie :O

Old 03-02-2013, 02:05 AM   #5
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich liebe dich! View Post
That was a really good episode with Gus being fostered by lesbians and the response from the other kids about it. I really wish Jonny and T would get fostered because Jonny always gets grumpy when other kids are fostered. I would like it if they were fostered, then realised that they preferred living at the DG!

Who do you think has not really grown up? I watched the one were Lily fell off the roof last night and the 3 following ones (I <3 iPlayer). I love it when you forget bits of episodes and then watching them or hearing about them its like O YEAH! Like I watched the one after Lily falling off the roof and Mike accidentally punched the woman writing the report and then he was talking to Gina and was saying something and randomly went 'was that before or after I punched her in the face' and I just lol'ed :p

I don't know if I have seen the Tracy Beaker movie :O
Erm... I'll have to watch some more episodes to remind myself. I think I mean, aged, like Gus, for example, he seems a lot older, with a deeper voice and taller and Harry but others like Carmen and Elektra seem the same.

I agree with you that the humour's brilliant. I find I pick up on stuff the more I watch them. It never gets old! I'm about to watch the latest two Dumping Ground episodes on iPlayer in bed.

And ohmygoodnessme you haven't seen the movie? Would you like to borrow one of my copies? And you call yourself a fan...!!!

Old 03-02-2013, 02:11 AM   #6
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

I would love to borrow one of your copies of the movie, lol!

If you watch the Tracy Beaker Returns that are on iPlayer, Carmen is a lot smaller, but I agree, apart from that she hasn't changed much! T has grown sooooo much as well. I guess with Elektra, she hasn't been in it that long and she has probably been through the majority of her growth spurt before joining?

The new girl seems rather peculiar and I don't like her for being mean to Harry. It would be really cool if Sapphire went back and visited as well because she was still on the seen at the end of TBR just living elsewhere and now she isn't mentioned. I also don't like that Faith arrived offscreen. AND I want a new care worker! That would be awesome!

Old 03-02-2013, 02:21 AM   #7
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

Quote:
I would love to borrow one of your copies of the movie, lol!

If you watch the Tracy Beaker Returns that are on iPlayer, Carmen is a lot smaller, but I agree, apart from that she hasn't changed much! T has grown sooooo much as well. I guess with Elektra, she hasn't been in it that long and she has probably been through the majority of her growth spurt before joining?

The new girl seems rather peculiar and I don't like her for being mean to Harry. It would be really cool if Sapphire went back and visited as well because she was still on the seen at the end of TBR just living elsewhere and now she isn't mentioned. I also don't like that Faith arrived offscreen. AND I want a new care worker! That would be awesome!
I thought the new girl was peculiar too. I actually, initially, couldn't decide if it was a boy or a girl!

I miss Sapphire too. Her sense of humour was spot on. And I loved the relationship she had with Harry.

And I also think we are long overdue a new care worker.

I shall PM you about the DVD... no problem!

Old 03-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #8
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

The new girl was strange but her name Floss is what my grandad calls my mum so that made me laugh!

Yeah Sapphire was great, her and Harry's relationship was so cute and also when her and Carmen came back from Burnywood and she had been looking out for Carmen, their relationship was sweet. Generally she is pretty awesome!

I am trying to remember care workers from the old TB days- what about Duke? Bring back Duke!!!!

Old 03-02-2013, 02:52 AM   #9
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

Quote:
I am trying to remember care workers from the old TB days- what about Duke? Bring back Duke!!!!
Shelley! Strict, but definitely heart in the right place.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #10
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

Quote:
! T has grown sooooo much as well.
Watching it now, T has really grown.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:19 AM   #11
GambitC13

I am currently:

Tracy Beaker is awesome! They handle important issues so well. Also my mum dated the guy who played Duke when she was at high school. ^_^

‎"I want to be magic. I want to touch the heart of the world and make it smile. I want to be a friend of elves and live in a tree. Or under a hill. I want to marry a moonbeam and hear the stars sing. I don’t want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

GambitC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:17 AM   #12
ChocolateMarvel

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambitC13 View Post
Tracy Beaker is awesome! They handle important issues so well. Also my mum dated the guy who played Duke when she was at high school. ^_^
Claim to fame, lol! :p I agree about important issues- the refugee episode, lesbians fostering, Gus' aspergers all really well done!

Shelley was good but I get her and Jenny confused as in my memory has them as the same person lol! :p

I couldn't believe how small T was when I was watch TBR last night compared to on TDG! Madness!

Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I haven't watched it for years so I've no idea about the new episodes but I used to quite like it. The one thing that does grate on me is this idea that living in a care home is great fun. I have met quite a few fostered and adopted kids through various things and a lot have had serious trauma and abuse/neglect to end up in care, and when they get there it's not going to be all fun and games. I know its a kids show, but I'm sure at some points when I was a kid I wished I could live somewhere like the dumping ground and obviously it's not somewhere any kid should wish to be. Showing some of the nastier sides of it - alcoholic parents, abuse etc should happen I think.

On another note, I am hoping when I am older to foster kids.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #14
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

This thread excites me so much!
I still remember so clearly the day that the first ever ever ever episode of Tracy Beaker was aired!
I LOVE the new series of The Dumping Ground. I didn't watch much of Tracy Beaker returns or some of the other series but I love it so much.
The Movie of Me is BRILLIANT! Properly love it. All my friends laugh at me though :(

OneForSorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I love the Dumping Ground!

And I literally thank Sarah (Foxtrot Oscar) in my head every week, because she also mentions it being on in her RV and that reminds me to watch it :P

I loved the episode with Gus being fostered too; it was so sweet!

Bring back Jenny! I also liked Layla :)

The new girl (Floss) was so sweet up until she was mean to Harry and I was just like D=

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #16
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambitC13 View Post
That is so cool!

Quote:
Claim to fame, lol! :p I agree about important issues- the refugee episode, lesbians fostering, Gus' aspergers all really well done!

Shelley was good but I get her and Jenny confused as in my memory has them as the same person lol! :p

I couldn't believe how small T was when I was watch TBR last night compared to on TDG! Madness!
I know right? T has really matured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makedamnsure View Post
I haven't watched it for years so I've no idea about the new episodes but I used to quite like it. The one thing that does grate on me is this idea that living in a care home is great fun. I have met quite a few fostered and adopted kids through various things and a lot have had serious trauma and abuse/neglect to end up in care, and when they get there it's not going to be all fun and games. I know its a kids show, but I'm sure at some points when I was a kid I wished I could live somewhere like the dumping ground and obviously it's not somewhere any kid should wish to be. Showing some of the nastier sides of it - alcoholic parents, abuse etc should happen I think.

On another note, I am hoping when I am older to foster kids.
I agree with this to an extent. CBBC actually produced a documentary a few years ago about children in care and some people in that actually openly criticised The Story of Tracy Beaker, saying being in care is nothing like that. However, I think as it's progressed they have begun to tackle serious issues much more. Perhaps that's also a reflection of how society has progressed; 'issues' are becoming less taboo then they were perhaps previously? I think Dustbin Baby (another book by Jacqueline Wilson adapted for television) portrays the experience of being in local authority care quite well. That's definitely one that should be checked out by all TB fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneForSorrow View Post
This thread excites me so much!
I still remember so clearly the day that the first ever ever ever episode of Tracy Beaker was aired!
I LOVE the new series of The Dumping Ground. I didn't watch much of Tracy Beaker returns or some of the other series but I love it so much.
The Movie of Me is BRILLIANT! Properly love it. All my friends laugh at me though :(
Your friends are trolls! Agreed... The Movie of Me is brilliant! I am feeling the need to watch it again this evening now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
I love the Dumping Ground!

And I literally thank Sarah (Foxtrot Oscar) in my head every week, because she also mentions it being on in her RV and that reminds me to watch it :P

I loved the episode with Gus being fostered too; it was so sweet!

Bring back Jenny! I also liked Layla :)

The new girl (Floss) was so sweet up until she was mean to Harry and I was just like D=
Yay! My RV is ALL the productive! I am pleased to be of service Jenna.

I agree, it wasn't really necessary for Floss to be mean to Harry. I wonder how the storyline with Floss will develop?

*Epic TB Multi-quote!*

Old 03-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #17
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot Oscar View Post
Your friends are trolls! Agreed... The Movie of Me is brilliant! I am feeling the need to watch it again this evening now!
I know right! I'm definitely doing to watch The Movie of Me tonight! That's my evening sorted!

Old 03-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #18
MadManWithaBox
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

I love the dumping ground. If anything, I prefer it to tracy beaker.

MadManWithaBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
OneForSorrow
Custom User Title

I am currently:

I prefer that the episodes are nice and long :) and the issues are more thought out and explained a lot better

Old 03-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #20
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

I love it!

The dumping ground is probably my fav series, could tell Tracys heart wasnt really in the last series.

Not going to lie, I cried when Gus was adopted!x

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)