RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 19-03-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
Merc

Safe - broken shoulder probs?

ii did a compound break to my shoulder on valentines morning ,2:30 AM. [ i always had such lovely timing!] but in a way im lucky..those s
who know the story will understand why, it doesnt belong here
my question is...should it be becoming MORE painful to every moment? to the point im taking extra percocet , they work as well as smarties!!
its down to my lower forearm nopw, the elbow has always looked a tequila sunrise , it still does, even 'deeper' if thaty makes sense? but the shoulder is beyond pain...i have a VERY high threshold for pain but this has me damn near crying to be honest....is this how a severe break should feel? should i just wait till 26th to see ortho surgeon? or should i get in earlietr? i dont want to be whiny about it but its really cocerning me. i KNOWn it wii take a good many months to heal but the getting worse doesnt sound right....
kim/ aidey, any suggestions, thoughts?
thanks guys
[and while i have the chance, let me thank you for all you do for us...it must be entirely overwhelming at times *hugs*
romp

Old 19-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
cuggles
LIFES A BITCH AND SO AM I

I am currently:

i would deffently reccmend going back to the hospital hun as it could of came un aligned again and it may need sergery to fix it /again so yeah go to the hospital try get there tomorrow
if poss

DONT TRY TO FIX
ME AS I'M ALL READY
BROKEN

Old 19-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
Animad

If you're starting to use your arm/are using it more it may become more painful as the muscles and tendons will be putting pressure on the mending bone and so that will cause both strain to the soft tissue and also may pull the bones out of alignment as they are healing which will cause a lot of pain. Though, if it's totally rested that shouldn't be a problem. If its not rested I should try keeping your arm in a sling as much as you can.

It may be a good idea just popping down to your GP to see what they can say and see if they can give you anything stronger. They might be able to examine it to some degree and just check its healing as it should at this stage or they might want you to get it seen sooner. You won't sound whiney, they've got loads of people complaining about loads of things that are a lot less serious than what you're going through, something at the same degree as your shoulder should be looked at if you have any worries

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)