RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2014, 12:41 AM   #1
Dying_Angel

I am currently:
Feeling ill after self harming

I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right section

I've noticed that every time I hurt myself a lot. I start to feel really cold and shivery and tired. It's started to worry me a bit now. Should I just get over it and accept it's my fault for doing it. Or is it something I should b worried about

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. ~ Girl Interrupted

When you dont want to feel, death seems like a dream. ~ Girl Interrupted

Old 12-12-2014, 01:29 AM   #2
phoenix_M
This Member is currently Banned

I am currently:

i think whether its something to worry about would be dependent on blood loss etc. it could be your body releasing the tension for the build up to the episode

Old 12-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #3
Katie Smith
fight for your happiness

I am currently:

Could be hypoglycaemia if you have lost too much blood. Do you feel dizzy, light-headed or nauseous?

Old 12-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
Dying_Angel

I am currently:

I do sometimes feel sick. I didn't think I lost enough blood that it would cause this. I could b wrong tho

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. ~ Girl Interrupted

When you dont want to feel, death seems like a dream. ~ Girl Interrupted

Old 12-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
lord of luck
brynn

I am currently:

it could be a shock related symptom. maybe part of your mind is trying to react negatively to the fact that you're self harming.

you bleed just to know you're alive

Old 12-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
Ranger Fairy

I am currently:

I often experiences symptoms like this during/after self-harm. I think they are shock like symptoms. Unless you think you have lost a significant amount of blood the the actual symptoms you are talking about (cold, shivering, tired) aren't the main the problem. These symptoms can indicate that the injury/injuries are more severe and that the actual self-harm injury needs checking out.

Old 13-12-2014, 08:27 AM   #7
Animad

If you're not losing a lot of blood then it's likely just to be the release of massive amounts of adrenaline which is causing it which is NORMAL and not a sign ofany problems. This should resolve in about 30mins or so. If you are losing a lot of blood or it lasts longer than an hour you need to get it checked out because it may be you are in shock which is a medical condition and often due to having not enough blood and can be life threatening. If this is the case you need to go to A&E/ ER/ ED rather than anywhere else as treatment often involves being put on a drip.

It is unlikely to be hypoglycaemia seen as that happens at any time whereas this user is just discussing this topic in relation to cutting and not at other times. Cutting in itself will not dramatically affect blood sugars and if it does affect them it's more likely to make them rise as adrenaline could potentially cause that action.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)