Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #81
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousMike View Post
I'm trying! I'm trying my best!
I know you are but there are really big problems with this that should be ironed out asap.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #82
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Phalange View Post
Well if it's not a place to do what you can't do here..doesn't that make it even more pointless?
I agree with this and Nic previous point.

Also who was in charge of inviting people?Because a lot of people werent even added when it was open!

But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #83
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

No one was in charge, people just invited people at random!

And I got a lot of **** for it considering I invited NO ONE unless they asked me to first!

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #84
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I'm super paranoid that someone's going to track me down and try to friend request, but I already have a requests list of like a dozen people I'm ignoring. :P

Mostly, I'm just staying because I'm really looking forward to the fireworks later.

Also, didn't Cam say early on that as Harley made the group, RYL rules would apply? Let me have a look.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #85
Left Phalange
Phillip, look at me, I'm a stamp!

I am currently:

Wow, maybe you'll realise how it feels to be a mod on this site. Everyone giving you shiit for something that's not your fault, wasn't your idea, you're just trying to do your best so everyone can enjoy what was given to them safely.

SOMEHOW that's not good enough for people. And don't forget, now you have this responsibility, everyone's gonna look to you to iron out any issues. And iron them out NOW. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But right now. Despite the fact you have a life outside this group and it is not your main priority. And god forbid if you try your hardest and still don't get things up to scratch, you'll forever get sarcastic comments about your failures and instead of people 'just following rules', they'll push their luck and push your limits as hard as they can just to see what happens.

Gone off on a bit of a tangent here, but you see where I'm coming from. Hopefully you and your friends might treat the mods and the rules with a little more respect ;)

I'm gonna tap him like a maple tree. I'm gonna search him for some syrups. I'm gonna be having sex with him.

Left Phalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #86
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Sophia, how can you be paranoid about friend requests? You can just ignore them and then life goes on and they have in no way invaded your personal space...
And until very recently your facebook link was in your RYL profile, so I'm a little confused!

I think the privacy thing at the beginning was a big mistake, but now it's been sorted, I don't see an issue with the group. I'm not a big fan for personal reasons, but if it upsets me that much I'll just leave and let people get on with it. RYL can't moderate stuff off of RYL, so that means relationships, friendships, facebook groups and unofficial meets WILL happen and I think trying to stop that won't really help the situation and just cause more issues that will be on RYL.

I personally find it quite provocative to claim to be staying around to watch the fireworks. It's quite clear that no one means harm and even if it does end badly, no one deserves to be laughed at.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #87
Shrink

I am currently:

^^ This. Sounds like a lot of drama over something that doesnt need to have any. Its a facebook group.

Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #88
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I agree with you Shrink (and I can never remember if you use your real name on here! Memory fail!)

Old 07-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #89
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
RYL can't moderate stuff off of RYL, so that means relationships, friendships, facebook groups and unofficial meets WILL happen and I think trying to stop that won't really help the situation and just cause more issues that will be on RYL.
But its affiliated with RYL, its an official group associated with the site so surely it should be moderated in the same way?Its not the same as a random person creating an RYL page.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #90
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

Yeah, that is a good point Liv. Hmm. I don't really know. If I understand correctly, Harley started the group, and is also the owner of this site, so I guess it's up to him if he wants it to continue, and it would be also reasonable for him to consult you guys (the moderators) about it, if it is going to branded as an official RYL facebook group.

But yeah, I take back most of my comments, the 'official' bit is what makes this different from the other examples I gave.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #91
marieqoza
Marie

I am currently:

As already pointed out, the privacy settings issue has been solved and the group is now secret. As unpleasing as this was at the beginning, we can't do anything about what has happened. What we should try to change is [if that's even possible] the way one joins this group. The last time I checked one has to be added by a member, and then automatically becomes a member too - maybe it'd be better if they could accept or decline this invitation first, before getting a member of the group.

Concerning the rules, I guess the best solution would be if the same rules apply for the facebook group as for the site itself - as it's an official group, and directly affiliated with the community here. That would also give the base we need to deal with rulebrakers, which Liv already mentioned. [I hope I understood you correctly here Liv.]

About closing the group, I can only say that Harley decided to keep it open for now and see how it goes.
If this group should cause immense trouble for the staff here, I think it would be the best to close it then, but until this happens, I guess we could just give it a try.

Well, that's just my opinion.

Marie
rebellion / rebelliousness | she who raises | bitter | sea of bitterness / sorrow | lady / mistress of the sea | star of the sea | dew of the sea

marieqoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #92
ferretmonster

My god whats with the aggression? Mike is trying to run this thing because presumably some people wanted it and he appears to be getting grief from people. If you dont want to use it then dont but stop bitching

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #93
Left Phalange

I am currently:

I reiterate my 'Sounds like being a mod' point again. Just in case you missed it.

I'm gonna tap him like a maple tree. I'm gonna search him for some syrups. I'm gonna be having sex with him.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #94
ferretmonster

Oddly I didn't but thanks anyway

Old 07-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #95
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretmonster View Post
My god whats with the aggression? Mike is trying to run this thing because presumably some people wanted it and he appears to be getting grief from people. If you dont want to use it then dont but stop bitching
I hope youre not referring to me as I have not been aggressive at all.Nor is asking questions about the way things work 'giving grief.'

Old 07-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #96
ferretmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
I hope youre not referring to me as I have not been aggressive at all.Nor is asking questions about the way things work 'giving grief.'
Nor did I say it was

Old 07-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #97
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Thats why i said 'i hope.'

Old 07-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #98
ferretmonster

Glad we got that sorted

Old 07-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #99
Left Phalange

I am currently:

You're a delight.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #100
ferretmonster

I often think the same of you

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)