RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2022, 10:19 PM   #1
Susu.

I am currently:
Self diagnosis

Please read all this before judging!
So historically I have been diagnosed as bulimic, and restrictive ednos and been treated in hospital and at home. Both these have been professionally diagnosed. Over the lockdown I fear I have crossed over to binge eating disorder, I binge compulsively and I restrict in cycles. The binging gives me comfort and makes everything go away. Am I right to diagnose myself? I have done a lot of research and honestly I just want a name for what I’m doing.
I know a lot of you will probably say to go to a dr but I’m not ready to stop and I feel like they will pressure me.
So what do you think? Is it ever ok to self diagnose, to put a name on what I’m doing/feeling?

This is Marvin, He is my Be Safe Bee.

Susu. is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 07-03-2022, 11:04 PM   #2
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

Honestly, I just say ‘eating disorder’, because I’ve fitted many boxes and it all seems a bit daft to keep relabelling - it’s all stemmed from the same place and coping mechanisms, and the thought processes are healed the same way. Lots of people with anorexia binge and a huge number (maybe a majority?) of people with BED restrict. From what I’ve seen the difference in diagnosis is often based in weight stigma. If it helps to label it, I’d say go for it, especially if it might help you heal one day.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)