RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-08-2008, 03:28 AM   #1
null_n_void
Yes, I'm an avatar now!

I am currently:
self harm support in Camden

Im moving down to Camden (Kentish Town actually) from Newcastle to live with my girlfriend and we have been trying to find a self injury support group that i can attend (we are both former self harmers, she has stopped totally, i haven't and am struggling). I was kinda dissapointed to find that there aren't any groups or support for self harm. i found one in Islington but it's for referral only and i don't have a doctor at the moment.

am i wrong in thinking that they don't exist? does anyone know of a support group in that area?

‎"Damaged people are dangerous because we know we can survive"

null_n_void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
Stellata

I ought to, however I don't.....
There's should be something..

http://www.mindincamden.org.uk/ isn't self harm, but is something...

and have you looked here?

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #3
Animad

Islington also isn'tfar from Camden/Kentish at all and you can get a referral from your doctor the first time you see them. I wentto college in Camden just over a year ago and went through Islington every morning. Also, it is a bit further out but I think St. Annes Hospital have groups for stuff like that. I know they have quite a well-known therapy place anyway. You need a referral fro your doctors but it is pretty quick. It is in Harringey but you can get a train and then walk for 5 minutes from Kentish Town West/ Camden Rd stations or a bus from Camden road which is very close to the Camden end of Kentish. They have some good psych's there.

There are therapy centres around too as I got referred for one but you don't need referrals. I don't know of one in Camden/ Kentish though but it would be worth looking. The ones I know in other areas are free or you need to pay a small contribution depending on the circumstances

Animad is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)