RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-08-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
pineapple016

Triggering (SI) - Do you know when you're going to SH?

I was just wondering what happens to everyone else. If Im trying to stop (ie. not doing it everyday) then for the few days before i get really strong urges and i know as soon as i feel like that a few days in a row ill give in soon. Its like I hit a point and I know i can't go back and i will end up doing it. Same with if im doing it regularly and give up giving up then for a few hours before i can't tell i'll do it because i get such strong urges. Sometimes its a snap descision though and I don't realise im even doing it until i do. Does this happen to anyone else if not what happens to you? Just wondering if it is a more conscious decsion or you dont even know it's going to happen. I'm pretty sure i will give in in the next few days which sucks because its been 45 days :(

'The nights of crying your eyes out give way to the days of laughter' Psalm 30 v 5

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference.
'The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost

But what's the point of this armour,
if it keeps the love away too?

pineapple016 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 24-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
Tig

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such strong urges and are feeling like you may give in soon. However, 45 days is excellent.

I can relate, before when I've been giving up I've thought about it for a few days but then when I do self harm, it's quite impulsive, like something snaps but I suppose I was prepared for it beforehand.

Is there something that is particularly stressing you out at the moment or making the urge to cut stronger? If you could change how you are feeling now and lessen the urges then perhaps you won't end up self harming?

Take care,

xxx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #3
unbearable
Dawn

I am currently:

Congrats on not SIing for 45 days, that's awesome!

I know that cutting is impulsive for many people but it is far from impulsive for me. It's not that I want to cut, but I usually plan it out. Sometimes I will obsess about it so much that I'll make "plans" to do it... I almost always "plan" to cut at night, and on the day that I know I'm going to do it I'm very antsy until I finally get to SI.

"How many times can I break til I shatter?"

PM me anytime

unbearable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #4
Tomorrowwillcome

I am currently:

Tonight I will injure, sometimes it is spur of the moment but in a family setting it is sometimes easier to promise myself a later injury/

"I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same too so we are not that different you and I.

You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point where you thought it was the end.

Tomorrowwillcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 12:31 AM   #5
englishrose

I am currently:

hang in there if you can big hug

It takes me quite a few days to build up to doing it now but i dont know a few times im doing it before i notice normal on a place you can see which is bad luv jad

Don't walk behine me I might got you lost!
Don't walk in front of me I may not follow you!
Don't walk beside me the path is to small!

All we can do is walk our own paths,remember your not alone because we are all walking our own paths together!

englishrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #6
xXMessedUpXx
And broken once more

I am currently:

i know when. i snap and it happens. sorr your having a bad time rght now hun :(

Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up

xXMessedUpXx is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)