RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
Palladion

I am currently:
feeling depressed again

So basically I haven't cut or anything since about March this year, and I was feeling great, being more positive and feeling generally happier. However for the past month or so I have been more withdrawn, not talking as much and just not happy. It's to the point where i'm crying a lot more than usual and i'm being really hard on myself again. I can feel myself falling back into a depression and the urges to cut are back and I have no idea how to stop all of this before it gets too out of control.

I'm just struggling for the first time in 7 months and I don't know what to do.

We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken

Palladion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:28 AM   #2
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:

I'm sorry things are going downhill for you right now. Great job staying free for so long. Try to think back to what was helpful when you were stopping the cutting and feeling better before. Were there any coping skills that you could utilize again?

Also, sometimes a change can be helpful when you are feeling down. Maybe to help you stop withdrawing and keep busy you could try a new activity or some volunteer work? Sometimes that can help you feel more positive.

You have done this before, and you can and will get through it again! Hang in there.

Jess x

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
Palladion

I am currently:

Thanks for replying I guess I just need some encouragement or something :/

Last time I think I didn't harm as I had my friends around me but now they have all gone of to university and i'm just really lonely, which I haven't been for a really long time so it's a bit of a shock. I got a job in August as well but it isn't going that well, i'm making lots of little mistakes, but i'm trying my best and it's getting me down that my best just isn't good enough. I'm spending lots of time in my room, by myself, which I know isn't good for me but I just lack the motivation to get out and do something, which is even harder when I have no friends to go out with. Sigh, i'm just being stupid, hopefully this will all pass soon.

We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken

Palladion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

seven months is awesome, just to start with :) using skills and distractions that helped you to manage that can still help. You also could tweak them so the distractions are similar, but just different enough that they seem newer and more interesting, and get your attention a bit better. like if you usually like writing, you could try doing it in poetry rather than prose, or the other way round. or art you could try a different style, or use something different (pens vs pencils vs paint)

even if it feels hard, getting out and being around other people is important as well. you can try new activities, or get up the courage to call up a friend to do something.... even just go somewhere where you might see people, and if you sorta know each other, start a short conversation, just in passing.

Last edited by PassedExpectations : 10-11-2010 at 09:05 PM.

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)