RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
flying_kiwifruit

I am currently:
Alcohol and SI

Does anyone else use alcohol to calm yourself before you cut. If I'm in a realy bad stop I will have a shot or two to calm myself so I will cut less. Is this a bad idea, I never get drunk or even tipsy, just enough to calm myself. Am I alone in this, and is this such a bad thing.

flying_kiwifruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
l'il esky
Queen SockMonkey aka Holly :D

I am currently:

i cant drink on the ADs im on, and not really a drinker anyway unless im out, so i cant say i understand particularly where your coming from but.

from an objective view, i dont really know, suppose it depends how often you cut. cos if you have a drinnk everytime you cut then you are putting yourself at risk of going over the weekly alcohol limit. if the alcohol calmsyou could you not have this instead of cutting completely.... howveer i think using alcohol instead is not a good idea either, perhaps need to find other ways of calming yourself.

sorry dont think i helped much xx

this pic is so i can always remember jen who was my l'il sock monkey friend who has left ryl and i miss her!!!
xx

l'il esky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
HandThatFeeds
Like a cat in a bag waiting to drown

I am currently:

It sounds to me like you are using alcohol for self medication which seems to be quite common. I am not sure if the fact that you don't get tipsy is relevant as any amount will still have some effect on you. Also, using alcohol in this way (i.e. none social) is never good idea as it can lead to dependence.

Are you sure that you cut less after having a drink? I only ask because with me it is the exact opposite.

Are you getting any help at the moment?

Ranting here *trig SI/Abuse*

HandThatFeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
flying_kiwifruit

I am currently:

I've been using alcohol in a non social way for over a year now, and the reason i say I dont even get tipsy, is to emphasise that I drink a very small amount.

I am sure I cut less, because I am more calm when doing it I dont do it in a frenzy instead I'm in more control.

At the moment my councellor is away, but my mum is going to be getting me a councellor that is in town instead of the school one, which is who I used to go to.

flying_kiwifruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
HandThatFeeds
Like a cat in a bag waiting to drown

I am currently:

I'm glad to hear that you mum is arranging for counselling so hopefully that won't take too long to get sorted out.

I still think that when you see him/her it important that you bring this up for discussion as it is slightly worrying. Even if it isn't a problem now it may develop into one in the future.

Ranting here *trig SI/Abuse*

HandThatFeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
flippinterp

I tend to be the opposite- if I've been drinking, I tend to cut more deeply. I'm not sure if I was more likely to cut while drinking, but I wouldn't feel it when I did. You're not alone in noticing a connection between alcohol and SI, but the specific relationship between the two probably varies from person to person.

Who can attest that when they're at their best
Oh their worst is still crouching close behind
It's coming to peace with the darkness in me
That allows the true light to shine inside
"Ups and Downs" ~ Kendall Payne

flippinterp is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)