RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-12-2007, 01:50 AM   #1
BodyUnderSeige
Dream on babyyyyy.

Triggering (SI) - parents

recently my parents keep going on and asking me if im hurting myself again. ive cut prob 5 times, a few cuts each time. this doesnt seem much to me. nyways yeasterday they said we want u to show us whats under one of the bandaids. of course i couldnt. they kept goin on about, they wouldnt physically force but i just felt like i had no privacy and yer i duno. i just don t think its the right way for them to go about it. im angry

BodyUnderSeige is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 27-12-2007, 02:19 AM   #2
anonymous coward

I first cut when I was 17. Looking back, I wish that somebody would have noticed, spoke up, and made me talk about it. I was never "that serious" - I never needed stitches and I only cut deeper than scratches 2 maybe 3 times.

I know that it sucks to lose your privacy when you're in High School, and it's easy to forget that your parents ask because they love you. People pry when they care, not when they're indifferent.

anonymous coward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 02:22 AM   #3
Spookshow Baby
Praise is an unfamiliar sound to me.

I am currently:

Awh, hun, my parents were exactly the same. One time, I cut my stomach and was playing with my cousin, and when I picked him up, my top came up abit and my Mum saw. Omg, it was so awkward, but I knew she couldn't speak because she thought i'd stopped.
After she saw that, her and my Dad made me get all my razorblades and sharp objects out of my room.
In a way, i'm glad she saw because that was the last time I cut. With my parents help they helped me escape cutting.
Maybe talking is the right thing to do honey, however hard it seems.

Spookshow Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 03:28 AM   #4
BorderlineFear

I am currently:

I agree.. It could be a good thing in the end that your parents find out. I started cutting aged 11.. I'm now 20. They found out when I was 14 and dislocated my knee and the doctors saw all the cuts on my legs and told them. It was discussed but nothing was done.. I kept pushing them away. I'm still doing it now. If you have the chance to open up, it can make things easier. If you accept their help it will help you. Sorry I'm not very good at giving advice. xx

Quickness of the eye deceives the mind

BorderlineFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 03:44 AM   #5
annihilate_me

I am currently:

Believe it or not, I'm 18. I'm an adult and my parents still ask to see my arms and legs to see if I'm still self injuring. I can see why you're aggrivated by it. Please see it as a sign of love and support. That's all it is. They want to make sure that you're "ok", and they want you know that they love you.

Take Care and Stay Safe.
Rx.

annihilate_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #6
darlkill

I am currently:

Yeah im 19 and i started at aged 15 and my parents do the same thing but if i dont show my dad he grabs me and rolls up my sleeve to see n then he goes mad at me

darlkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #7
BodyUnderSeige
Dream on babyyyyy.

thanks for your replys. i no they care they have always cared but i just cant talk to them about it no matter how much it hurts them. i guess theve just never done anything like that before and my cuts are just so so private to me. Its not like i talk to no one but the people i do talk to want me to tell my parents aswell. no one understands how i feel about telling them, i just cant and dont want to. when my parents no im to scared to cut so i stop for a while. but i always start again, i want to be able to stop because its my choice not because im scared or they force me to.

Old 27-12-2007, 11:32 PM   #8
the_seventh_son
carpe diem

I am currently:

i no exactly how you feel, i only told a few ppl, n some of them, wanted me to tell my parents, wen they found 1st time they hit the roof, but then they calmed down n wanted to help get it sorted, although they dont know now they think ive stopped, but i cant rly tell them, as i also like to keep it private

dont feel under pressure to tell, but don tfeel you have to keep it a secret all the time, wen you feel ready tell them, then use this a sign that u want to stop, by telling them it means they can help

just take your time and if you ever need to talk about anything tht u cnt tell your parent of friends.....for the reason above, then feel free to pm me

sorry if its to long winded and of no help lol

take care

the_seventh_son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007, 05:37 AM   #9
Secret Mind

At least they care. Mine know, but refuse to believe it.

Secret Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #10
BodyUnderSeige
Dream on babyyyyy.

thanks darren for your reply it made heaps of sense. im just trying to not think about the mess ive created atm as im feelin pretty happy but i no wen i go back to school il feel **** again and this will all start again. i dont no if il ever truly admit to my parents that i si , its so hard. but thankyou =]

Old 31-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #11
Justeenii_109

I am currently:

i have to agree with secret mind there, my parents know too,
since they found out last year,
they seem to refuse to acknowledge anything to do with it.
take care hunni
xx

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

Last Cut: January 15th 2008

Justeenii_109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #12
clear the area

I am currently:

I know exactly how you feel.

When my mom found out I was cutting, she freaked out, and ever since she has been going through my room looking for sharp objects and and telling me to show her where I usually cut myself. She doesn't physically make me show her, but when I refuse, she usually says something along the lines of "Exactly! I knew you were f***ing cutting again! I can't handle this! I'm taking you to counseling!". I know she means well, she just goes it about it the wrong way.

When you're parents do that, they are just worried about you. They love you, and want you to be okay. They are probably just going about it the wrong way because they are afraid. I know it can be very frustrating and annoying (For me at least, my scars and cuts are something very personal, and being forced to show them makes me feel horrible), but just try and remember they mean well.

Feel better soon doll!

xoxo

clear the area is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)