RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-12-2007, 06:26 AM   #1
Liar.
//bee

I am currently:
Why do they hate me?

I know im new here, and none of you know me or anything, so this might be asking for a bit much to ask for advice but. I just had an argument with my dad over absolutely nothing, he just yells and yells and yells and then tells me to piss off or something. My parents honestly hate me and i should be use to it by now because they kind of always have, but very time i get into a fight with them i feel so worthless and have to keep telling myself that its not that bad and that i am worth something so i dont do something stupid, but its getting really hard and i need help. What can i do?

Liar. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 26-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #2
crazykat
Fight for another day

*Huge hugs*
I don't really have any advice but just wanted to let you know that I am here if you ever need someone to talk to. Please take care of yourself and stay safe.
Kat xxx

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
Liar.
//bee

I am currently:

thanks.
youre very kind

Old 26-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
Spookshow Baby
Praise is an unfamiliar sound to me.

I am currently:

I know how you feel. :( My parents and I argue alot and it makes me feel worthless. I feel as if my parents don't want me around and are just ashamed of me. I feel like they've never been proud of me.
I'm afraid there isn't alot you can do. Maybe talk to someone about it and do something to make yourself feel better. Is there anyone close to you that you can talk to and ask them to kind of, help you out with the feeling worthless thing?
Like, i've asked my boyfriend to be more affectionate and tell what he loves about me more, that helps.

I don't wanna ramble so I hope you're okay.

Spookshow Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 11:53 PM   #5
lydia.

Heya,
Welcome to RYL :) One wonderful thing about being on here is that we're here to support you, no matter what. Please don't feel bad for posting for support, we're here to help. I hope you like it round here :)
Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time with your parents. Family is where you're supposed to feel a sense of belonging & loving, and when a member doesn't feel that, it can be the worst feeling in the world I know. But you need to remember, that it is not your fault. There is nothing about you that is unlovable. You are no where near worthless.
I know it's hard, but could you try to talk to your parents about how it makes you feel when the yell at you? Is something going on in your family that need to be addressed? At the end of the day, they are your parents, they had you because deep down they do love you, even if they don't show it all the time.
Although, in saying that, if they hurt you in anyway, you do need to get out of there. Do your friends know what's going on at home?
*squishes*

lydia. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #6
red jane

I am currently:

You're right, i don't know you. But since you're here i assume we are connected by our actions/addictions.
I'm sorry you've had problems with your parents. Have you tried to sit down and talk to them (requesting them to just talk/listen and not yell)?
I don't want to believe they just outright hate you. But then again i don't know your family. I do however know that some people react ways that could be considered (hate) . I know people that are scared and confused by others (yours and my) problems, i know people that just straight do not and cannot comprehend the problem, and i know people that just do not know how to act around others.
Where ever your parents are, please remember, we may not know everything about you, but we are all a family here.
You are safe here, and you are unconditionally loved.

red jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2007, 12:28 AM   #7
Liar.
//bee

I am currently:

thanks to all of you so much.
My friends dont know whats going on no, well not really, they know that me and my parents dont get along.
I cant really talk to them, were not so much of a comunication family, we only talk if its necessary or if theyre yelling.
I dont really have any close friends, not that i like talking to. Because i always feel bad telling people if somethings wrong or if i feel upset because i feel its not really their problem so why should they care. Thats why i felt bad asking all of you.
Everyone is so kind here i just wish i could d something for all of you instead of asking you.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)