RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
vergo97

I am currently:
When does it become an eating disorder?

I don't think I have an ED, but I was just wandering how bad it has to bebefore it becomes one.

I was on a school trip last week and two of my friends said that I wasn'teating enough and that I could get anorexia, and that I should go to thedoctors and see what they say. I'm not underweight though, I’m overweight, andI do eat quite a bit when I'm at home I just don't eat at school and I didn'teat much on that trip.

I occasionally make myself sick (once a month/two months) so I don't thinkthat's much of a problem.

I'm just constantly thinking about my weight and I hate feeling full eventhough I eat when I'm not hungry.

I just really don't want to be seen as an attention seeker, one of myfriends on the trip was getting annoyed and saying that I couldn't not eat whenshe was eating because it was making her feel bad, and I hated making her feelbad but I just really couldn't eat

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'm just rambling on a bit now...

vergo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

I think this is certainly the beginnings of an ED. this is pretty much how mine started.

I think even when I went IP I wasnt really sure weather I really had an ED or just strange Eating patterns.

I think I would be good to mention it to your GP. You may not need treatment but it would be good that your GP knows so that if it does develope into a ED at a later stage they are ready to help you.

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
vergo97

I am currently:

Yeah, I think it is just strange eating paterns. My friends think I don't eat much because I don't eat much when I'm with them, but at home I eat quite a lot. I'm really worried that I'm going to put on weight this holiday because there's food in the house that I can pick at all day.

How would I bring it up with the doctor? I haven't really got a condition... One of my friends said that they would go with me if I wanted, and if the doctor said I'm healthy then they would leave it, but I know I'm not healthy because I'm overweight...

vergo97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)