RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:
PMS making me suicidal?

God, it looks so pathetic writing it down. But. Oh well.

I've started to notice a trend that about a week before I come on, I get insanely depressed. There seems ot be no obvious cause, and the only thing I can think of is this. I get graphic images of dying in my head, I'm either crying or on the verge of crying constnatly (and considering how rarely I do actually cry, that's bad).

I knwo hormones go crazy with periods but, this crazy? or am I barking up the wrong tree?

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 23-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

It's not pathetic =)

I'm fairly sure that there's a recognised syndrome in which women get very depressed due to PMT. It's worth going to the doctor to see if there's anything that can be done, apparently the Pill can be used to sort the hormones.

Also, evening primrose oil is very good =)

Hope you're OK x

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

thing is I am depressed normally. Well, it's nto normal but you knwow hat I mean. My defautl setting is depression, i'm on anti depressants etc. So it's nto so much i'm gettign depressed cause of PMS, just more depressed.

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

Old 23-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Yeah i used to get like that a lot. The pill actually helped me a lot though as it regulated everything including my moods so they weren't so extreme. Maybe worth looking into?

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

yeah. I'd liek to avoid the pill if i can simply because i'm already taking so much else, but if when I speak to someone about it that's all they can suggest then i guess i'll have to.

Old 23-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

The pill really isn't that big of a deal in comparison to other things. Like i first went on it when i was about 12 or 13 for period related stuff. For the benefits it gives i would definitely say its worth a try. It is another form of medication going into your body though so it is worth considering seriously.

I actually found when i came off it (when i was 25ish) the positive effects continued so its not always necessary for it to be a permanent thing.

Something Special.

Old 23-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #7
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I feel the same. I'm on the pill but when I have around a week of pills left (so about a week and a half before my period starts) I get exactly the same....graphic images of suicide, the crying etc. I can even feel quite violent.

Its horrendous. Usually eases a little for me when I actually come on my period though that brings a whole new set of physical problems.

See your GP...there might be something they can do like the implant or injection.
I'm going next month if Evening primrose oil doesn't help.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
Inquisitive Owl
Still Daddy's Girl

I am currently:

Sorry to hear you're going through this. I had something similar a couple of years ago; I used to get really low the week before, very irritable and constantly down.

My advice is to have a chat with your GP. Mine suggested that I start taking vitamin D supplements which did actually help. In the end I changed to a different type of pill and that was what resolved it for me. He/she will help you work out whether there's something else that can be done from a medical point of view.

Good luck with everything and I really hope you find something that works for you.

Inquisitive Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I used to be an evil moody bitch before my period and going on the pill has really helped with it.

Hormones do crazy things to us girlies and it's entirely possible that this is what is causing the worsening of the depression so I really wouldn't discount it and I equally wouldn't discount going on the pill as whilst its another medication it's one that is really pretty harmless in comparison to the psych drugs.

Definatly talk it through with your GP or Psych and see what they think

xox

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
iseehowfaryouhavecome

If I were your BF

I would totally understand if you explained to me. I'm sure that he has been confused by things and struggled to make sense of them but if he were to know then I reckon that he would do everythign he could to support you and make life better for you both Love can be the best medicine for anything. Talk to him and let it all out, don't leave anything to chance or for him to peice together. Explain it when you are ready and lean on him when you need to.

Best of luck with things and remember, never give up, a hug from your bf when you see him next will make it better for you both. xx

iseehowfaryouhavecome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #11
[Luna]

I completely relate!
The week before I'm due on the suicidal thoughts and hopelessness are in full swing and I'm at most risk of doing something stupid; however once I'm actually on my period the feelings ease off and I become more functional.

It's definitely something to talk to the GP about.
Much love xx

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
April_xx

I am currently:

I can totally relate to that feeling.

Try and speak to your doctor about it. I'm sure they can do blood tests to measure hormone levels.

x

April_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #13
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Slightly zombie thread!

Something Special.

Old 31-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
[Luna]

Eeep. Totally didn't see when the original post was written!

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)