RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2021, 11:33 PM   #1
arahnae2021
Even At My Worst

Will it always be this way

Hello everyone. I'm new here but i wanted to go ahead and post about one of the many things i struggle with-losing people. It seems like when i start to get close to someone and they learn about the real, emotional me they cant handle it. They always say "you can tell me anything" or "i wont leave like the others' but the reality is they do. So due to this i have trouble trusting new people now and i feel like that's not fair to them but i don't know how i stop my heart from being on guard. Am i wrong for being on guard/defense before even giving the new people in my life a chance? Any advice on how to get through this?

arahnae2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 03:05 AM   #2
Twisted Fate

I am currently:

Sometimes people have good intinctions but then have issues following through for various reasons. Sometimes it's not a bad thing to guard your heart. It can prevent a lot hurt in the end but can also distance yourself from others. I struggle with getting close to people (mostly in relationships) majorly so I don't have much advice I can offer. Basically I guard myself but still interact with people, just on a happy/fake level a lot of the time.

Forget the risk and take the fall if it's what you want it's worth it all

Twisted Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2021, 07:18 PM   #3
pringlemuncher11

I feel that, I have a lot of people like that in my life as well. Truth is, maybe people don't have that sort of time or patience to handle someone emotionally, but people are also afraid of saying it out loud when the time is necessary.
But none of which will ever mean that you don't deserve the right ones you deserve. If they can leave after you being open to them, it just saves you so much time and energy not having to further interact with them too. As bad as it sounds, it works in a good way in that sense too.

You don't want someone in your life after all that's just there during the good times. You want someone to stay at all times, so even if it's a really tough time to pass through now. The one's that will stay through this tough journey emotionally right now, are the ones worth keeping.

pringlemuncher11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)