RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
hallow1988

I am currently:
relapsed

I have relapsed after 7 years of not sh It was difficult to resist the urges of sh over the past 7 years it did get better but it has been a long and hard battle and i thought i had it under control until about a month ago I have cut several times and the urges are getting so much stronger. I feel like i have let myself down i just dont know what to do i know that what im doing isnt right but i just cant stop myself

hallow1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
KariNicole

I am currently:

Is there something in particular that brought on the relapses? For me, what's triggered me to get back into self harming after a few months of not harming is all the stress, anxiety, and pressure associated with college. Do you know what's helped bring it on? Maybe if you do, you can figure out ways to more effectively cope with it using more positive coping mechanisms. No matter what, your relapse doesn't take away from your seven years clean. You still have that victory, no matter what!

Is there anything that really helped you during those years, helped you to not self harm? Like a particular distraction, hobby, or activity that might help you get through it? What i do on a daily basis is keeping on top of assignments/responsibilities with a planner and always leaving time to myself at the end of the day to write or listen to music. Staying on top of things and always leaving time for fun things like writing a story i'm working on, having lunch with a friend, etc really helps me handle things better. Another thing that helps me in the heat of the moment is to take a breather if i start to get too stressed out. If things get really bad and i cant handle the stress and anxiety, i'll usually go hang out with a friend - either go out ot lunch or just study with them so i'm not alone. If i can't hang out with anyone, i'll usually distract myself by throwing myself into whatever task i have at hand and telling myself that i cant harm right now because i need to finish this first. By the time the task - homework, dishes, cleaning, etc, - is done ive vented some of that anxious, desperate energy and its easier to simply distract myself instead of needing to actively fight the urge. I find talking to people helps - be it people on here, people on a blog, or friends of mine. If you have someone you feel comfortable reaching out to - either a friend or family member or such in real life, or even someone on here or elsewhere on teh internet - i would suggest it. Sometimes they might not always be able to understand what your going through, but they care and can at least provide some good support and advice.

So yeah thats all that i have to say. Sorry its so long winded! Not sure if this helps much. Eitherways, congrats on going so long without harming! You did it once, you can do it again. Trust me. I believe in you! =)

Keep running!
~ Kari

KariNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Wonderland.

Seven year free of self harm is awesome! You may have slipped up but nobody can take those seven years free away from you ever. To go that long shows that you have an enormous amount of strength and I am sure that you can get through this.

Do you know what has been triggering you recently?

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
hallow1988

I am currently:

i don,t think there is a particular thing that brought on the relapses i think its a lot of thing and they all got on top of me, I think the trigger was my mum leaving again but it wasn't just me she hurt this time it was all my sister two it took me back to a time i forgot about and i know what they feel and i cant cope with it i have let them down in the passed i lefted them i was selfish but i had my reason i was fighting my own battle from the age of 7 i self harmed to cope with everything when i was 16 my mum came back in to my life and i had my sisters back and they was the reason i stopped it was for them im proud of my victory not to say thinks didnt replace it i started drinking and taking pills but i should got that under control to music was my was to help me i would keep a note book and write down my feelings i listen to music daily to help me iv started to bake it helps to keep my mind off things and when im baking it takes me to a happy place in the heat of the moment i take myself out the house and walk as far as i cant hurt myself but its getting harder to fight the urge iv even got to the point wear i find myself thinking about taking somethink out with me I dont really like talking to people i have my gf and as much as she try and i see how much it hurts her to see me like it she wants me to go to the doctors but i really dont want to so im trying this thank you for taking the time to write
and thank you for I believe in me

Old 29-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
hallow1988

I am currently:

thank you amy i know i have the strength i just need to find it again

i think its to do with something that happend in my passed

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)