RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
Breadsticks

I am currently:
Who do you talk to when you're feeling down?

Who do you feel most comfortable talking to when you're feeling down/low/upset, or just want to get something off your chest?

Is there someone you wish you could talk to but can't?

But if i still believe you love me, maybe i'll survive.
So i tell myself you're coming home, like you've done a million times.
& if it's alright, i'll still be loving you.
'cause i can't break it to my heart.

Breadsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 22-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
CrazyAboutMonkeys

I am currently:

I usually talks to my mom and my two aunts that I can go to them sometimes but even, when my parents are not home so I can talk to my aunts on the phone when I need them..

I wish I could talk to my grandmother & other aunt but I can't do that risky part of my own but I usually go to my mother and my two aunts that I can count on them:).

CrazyAboutMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #3
Gone.

When I am down... I talk to people on here I think. They are the only people I talk to really. Otherwise, in school if I totally collapse in tears then I have to talk to my Head of Sixth Form who is usually lovely.

I wish I could talk more to someone who would care. I wish I could talk more to my parents, friends and others.

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
Hannah Montana

I am currently:

Recently i've been coming here because there is no one really who I can talk to. I would like to talk to my best friend, but we're not so good at the moment and she tends to rubbish most things that I tell her anyway. I think my friends at uni would be quite good but until I get past the whole SI thing I doubt i'll be telling them much.. My good friend from work used to be a great person to talk to... I wouldn't want to worry anyone in my family..

Hannah Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
Artychik
Tired and Confused

I am currently:

over the last wee while i've been getting a bit better at speaking to people, although i would never say it was something i was good at

but i would encourage it, you can't substitute the support you get from a "real person" (not to say forums like this don't have value, but eventually you need to start sharing whats going on with the people around you)

So right now, I talk to friend Helen, we met many years ago and she has been unbelievably decent to me this last few months, very kind, and I am very grateful.

xxx
--------------------

Artychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #6
HopeRises

I guess I come on here mostly, Or speak to my friend from here on msn.

When I was younger I used to talk to my aunt via email and teachers at school but I'm older now and don't go to school or anything.

Talking is good though and it's always good if you can find someone you can talk too. I suggest having someone who's there and able to help or know whats going on if there is a crisis is good too. There is nothing worse than feeling totally scared and unsafe but your nearest friend/the person you talk to about it being miles away.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 01:25 AM   #7
linder surprise
vs. elvis.

I am currently:

over time i have realised that the best thing to do is usually to NOT talk about it. if you just had a bad day or something petty than usually with those things, you're gunna get over it in your own time and dwelling on the matter or telling people in order to get sympathy / attention (intentional or otherwise) isn't really going to help the situation. if i feel shitty usually i talk to nobody and i just stew in my room alone for a long time and then sleep it out or i hang out with my brothers and we watch tv or a film and just hang out like normal or i'll phone a friend and we'll talk **** and maybe i'll say i'm having a bad day but mostly i don't want to talk about it.
i guess it's different if you have something big to talk about like abuse or i dunno, a big problem that needs to be resolved / off your chest kinda thing. but i don't know much about that.

take what you love
burn it down.

linder surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 01:46 AM   #8
Lucius.
Luscious Mouthful.

I am currently:

Generally my best friends, although I don't often tell them if I do feel down. They manage to cheer me up always, which tends to make me feel a lot better.

Lucius. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 02:22 AM   #9
Fry

I am currently:

i don't talk to anyone in person. sometimes i email my college tutor about things [we're friends also] but i never follow up by explaining anything in person. just joking around tends to cheer me up enough anyway. my main tactic is to just tell myself it's another mood swing and i'll be fine tomorrow, if not later on today. & i'm always right. things are never as bad as they feel [with me anyway.]

Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)

Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 04:15 AM   #10
Too Shy

I am currently:

Partly same as above, I try to joke about stuff and ignore things if I'm feeling down, just have some fun with my best friend or something.

One of my friends here knows that I have eating issues, so I talk to him about that if I'm feeling down. He's very direct and straight to the point, so he'll tell me to just snap out of it and relax, and sometimes that in itself is enough to help. :)

If I could talk to someone more...I would talk to one of my old teachers. When I was struggling in Y11 he was there for me every single day, he knew a lot about depression and mental health and he was very, very good at calming me down whether I was really low or if I was hyper. He knew me very well, he said it was a like a switch came on in my head when he talked to me. I miss that a lot.

Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #11
Wakeful Dreamer.
Honourable mention.

I am currently:

Depending on how I feel and what the problem is, I talk to a few different people.
My sister, for one, or a few of my friends (Adam, Kym, Mel), or (and this is the main one) people on here or who I've met on here.

oh non-believer, please believe me.
is there honestly nothing in this world
that keeps you living & breathing?
you're a ghost in your own
goddamn city.

Wakeful Dreamer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #12
__T

I am currently:

I tend to keep it to myself 80% of the time & deal with it by going to the gym. If I do have to talk to someone though, then it's my sister, mum or dad depending on the situation. I love how direct my family are when it comes to helping out

__T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #13
makedamnsure

I am currently:

I used to always text or talk to my martial arts teacher, but I don't feel I can anymore because she thinks I am coping better now, and because I think she was getting sick of me texting her all the time. Although she was always mostly ok to my face she often didn't reply to texts or bring them up when I saw her and I just felt bad for bothering her because I know she is busy.

I wish I could still talk to her about things though. I see her most days and we are still mates and sometimes I try and sort of hint at what I'm feeling but there is a distance there and I don't feel I can say much.

I try to talk to my boyfriend about things but he mostly just tries to find solutions and gets annoyed when I don't know why I am upset.

Courtesy
Integrity
Perseverance
Self Control
Indomitable Spirit

makedamnsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 04:19 AM   #14
Just A Dream
Haplopelma lividum

I am currently:

I don't personally have anyone to talk to, since I moved away from my home, but I do often email my former autism program teacher of my worries, concerns, and just about anything I want to email her about. I've known her for 5 years and I often call her my Second-Mom.

Just A Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #15
hope.is.overrated
I am on the verge of being a complete disaster...

I am currently:

When I feel down I talk to a virtual friend on msn, we've been through the same things and we understand each other...but in real life, I talk to no one, I don't feel confortable enough...
There's my mother, but she's been through a lot, so I don't like to bother her with my problems

I already tried to talk to therapists (twice) but I got quiet in all sessions, I just couldn't talk to them

I write this alone on my bed; I've poisoned every room in the house; The place is quiet and so alone; Pretend there's something worth waiting for; There's nothing nice in my head
The adult world took it all away; Wake up with same spit in my mouth; Cannot tell if it is real or not; I try and walk in a straight line
An imitation of dignity - MSP - From despair to Where

I am human and I need to be loved just like everybody else does - The Smiths How Soon is Now

hope.is.overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #16
Pierrot
No big deal

I am currently:

I'm fortunate enough to have a small but excellent support network; my best friend and my SO are both willing to listen if I need someone. Most of the time I keep things to myself, though. Lately I have been coming here to rant in my journal, which seems to help as well. :P

It would be nice to open up to my parents, honestly, but I don't know if I ever could. I wouldn't know how.

Abyssus abyssum invocat

Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 06:56 AM   #17
crazykat
Fight for another day

Most of the time I deal with it by myself but sometimes I talk to people on here but generally I don't.

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #18
something vague

I am currently:

i don't talk to anyone. ever. i sometimes write about it in my notebook but i hate talking about feeling crap.

strange thoughts come into your head and you better think them.

something vague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #19
Pixie-Dust-x
keep fighting

I am currently:

This one teacher, i used to talk to her all the time and she would fix everything then she went on maternity leave and i pinned everything on her coming back so she could help me and she finally came back but i can hardly speak to her now :(

Brick by brick
I am breaking through these walls
between you and me
I'm not giving up

Pixie-Dust-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #20
Zedebee
It's okay not to be okay

I am currently:

Rant on here or Laura/Katy/Caz/Kirsty

Sometimes wish I could talk to my dad

But talking doesn't do me any good sometimes

The only time you will find real light is when you're searching in the dark..

Zedebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)