RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
LonelyGuy

I am currently:
Barcelona Marathon 2014

So today I did it, today I reserved my place in the 35th edition of the Zurich Marato Barcelona on Sunday 16th March 2014.

It's been 6 years since I last ran the distance and I have decidd to do it one last time. As daunting a challenge it is, I see it as part of my road to recovery...but I'm scared.

I know I can do it with the right training program but I'm going on my own and I don't know how I'm going to cope out there on my own for a few days. I don't know if my depression will hold out long enough for me to enjoy my time out there or if it is going to bring me down and I end up in a heap of a mess.

I've never travelled on my own before. Can anyone offer me a line of advice please.

Last edited by LonelyGuy : 16-05-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Trying to find myself again.

LonelyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
Hobbes

I am currently:

Hi I don't have much advice but I just wanted to say this sounds like a brilliant thing to do and a great recovery challenge. I'd love to do something like this myself and best of luck to you!

Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Isoverity

I am currently:

I don't like marathons and long distance running on roads - bad for the joints. As for traveling alone you're not a kid. The "lonelyguy" and broken heart thing is a bit over the top. Shake off the weepy bit and rush into the day smiling (and hope there are no bombs at the marathon - yikes)

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
Sketchy

I am currently:

It's not as easy as it sounds to keep smiling. I find depression can make traveling so daunting and nerve wracking, so I guess it's a case of finding coping mechanisms on the journey. What kind of things help you relax? I hope it goes well, and I'm impressed that you are taking on this challenge.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Serendipity.
fabulous.

I think this is great :) No advice, but good luck, I hope it all goes well!

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)