*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 07:15 PM   #142
Iamcatbug
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
How is everyone? I had the vaccine yesterday
Not too bad thanks. Still signed off work. Hoping to be back after valentines days.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 08:43 PM   #143
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

How are you feeling? Has your anxiety reduced at all? How’s d*ckhead at work been?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 10:50 PM   #144
Iamcatbug
Cat

I’m feeling a bit better, think the medication is starting to kick in. No idea how the d*ckhead has been because work are not keeping in contact with me like they said they would do.

How are you?

Old 01-02-2021, 04:13 PM   #145
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Finding things a little of a struggle at the moment, often do not know what to do with myself at home.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #146
Auror.
Camden

lololol pride is already cancelled again and so is the kentucky three day. cool. cool cool cool cool cool.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 07:36 PM   #147
Iamcatbug
Cat

We’ve had a local event pushed back to September.

Old 22-02-2021, 07:47 PM   #148
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

*bumps*

Feelings/thoughts re the latest England updates?

How are the non England/non UK people doing?

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 08:19 PM   #149
nonperson

I am currently:

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I wish people weren't being almost overly excited by it. It's good that it seems to be a very slow and cautious plan and is definitely nice to know the way out is in sight, but I'm not putting too much hope on it all because it is likely to change. And the return to normal life isn't really determined by the government's plan, but by the facts and figures. I think we've all learned by now that we can't predict too far into the future with any real certainty.

Edit: Although saying that I was surprised to hear that all social distancing rules would be done with in June. That seems too soon. I can imagine we'd end up going back to it over the winter again.

Last edited by nonperson : 22-02-2021 at 08:28 PM.
nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2021, 08:35 PM   #150
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

I agree. I also have very mixed feelings.

Even if everything goes according to plan stuff feels too far away tbh.
But it also feels like too soon and unwise.
And also, it makes me somewhat optimistic that that is what is planned.

And don't get me started on how the discourse surrounding the vaccines go back and forth between being super optimistic and being still rather bleak.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 22-02-2021, 08:50 PM   #151
nonperson

I am currently:

Oh yes I know what you mean about the vaccine stuff. I've given up paying attention to what's being said about what works, what doesn't work, what works well enough but not as well as was reported originally... and then the opposite being said the next day. Gah!

I know everyone's run out of patience and spoons with it all but I think we all just have to wait and see. Much the same as we've all been doing. The success of the vaccines will be shown with the facts and figures that come out and unfortunately that will take time as this is still new territory as the seasons change throughout the year.

Old 22-02-2021, 08:57 PM   #152
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

It's so frustrating.

Like, some days it is actually sort of easy.
Stay in your room, do some uni stuff, watch Netflix, boom, everything done right.
Other days it feels impossible to keep going like this.

Like, my anxiety levels in general and social anxiety in particular will be through the roof if we're ever let out again. I panic just *thinking* about a room full of people.

All these Unknown Factors are just too much to cope with sometimes.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 22-02-2021, 09:15 PM   #153
nonperson

I am currently:

I understand.

I think my main panic about the ending of social distancing rules is that it means people will be able to get too close to me again. It's definitely made my people anxiety a lot worse.

Maybe when things feel overwhelming you can try to think that it won't be a sudden change back to normal/ rooms full of people?

Old 22-02-2021, 09:28 PM   #154
Unbreakable.

I am currently:

I'll try that, thanks :)

Anxiety sucks.
Lockdown not ending feels like one might die and the end of lockdown feels like just as much of a threat, doesn't it?

How are you getting through the day currently?
I hope things are okay ish at least some of the time.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 22-02-2021, 09:39 PM   #155
nonperson

I am currently:

It does. Lockdown has been a bit of an acceptable excuse for me to withdraw from society/people/family even more than before.

And I don't know. I just keep plodding on. I'm kind of lucky that my life hasn't been disrupted that much really. I can't work from home so my daily routine isn't very different other than learning an entirely new way of working.

Things are ok sometimes but I have been thinking recently that it's all probably affected me more than I realise.

Old 23-02-2021, 03:28 AM   #156
Auror.
Camden

did things change there? nothing has changed where i live at least in months.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 23-02-2021, 07:36 AM   #157
nonperson

I am currently:

No nothing has changed, we still in full countrywide lockdown but the government announced yesterday the plan for lifting lockdown and returning to normal.

Are you guys in lockdown too? I haven't kept track of what's happening over there. I imagine it's different all over the country though?

Old 23-02-2021, 08:07 AM   #158
Auror.
Camden

No. No lockdown. We had a curfew for a while (i.e. things like carry out only after 11pm but stores and things were still open) but that's the most we've had besides you are supposed to wear a mask and stay apart from other humans. The only lockdown we had was last year back in March/April when things started.

I think it is somewhat different place to place, but there are no lockdowns or anything as strict as what you all have. I kind of wish there were.

Are things better there now hopefully that they think it is safe to lift the lockdown?

Old 23-02-2021, 10:17 AM   #159
Iamcatbug
Cat

Cases and deaths are going down. But people aren’t all adhering to social distancing. I went shopping for food the other day and had too many people too close to me that I ended up leaving without anything.

The thing that worries me most about the lifting of lockdown is the fact that other countries in the U.K are doing a phased return to the classroom for children, whereas in England they are all going back the same day. Don’t get me wrong it will be nice for the kids to have some normality, but I worry we will end up back in lockdown over summer.

Old 23-02-2021, 11:02 AM   #160
nonperson

I am currently:

Things are improving slowly but cases and everything are still high. This third lockdown has been worse than the first one in terms of deaths and admissions to hospital so even though things are improving it's still on a similar level with last April, I think? Not sure on exact numbers in comparison to last year. Edit: actually just looked it up and it seems we're well below the figures of last year in terms of deaths.

Catbug, yes it does seem odd that they're all going back at once! But I think secondary school children are going to be test twice weekly? And by the summer a lot of the immunity from the vaccinations will have kicked in which should prevent the need for total lockdown again.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)