RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-04-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Altaz

Self-help groups

I just wondered whether anyone has any experience of attending a self-help group? ...are they beneficial? ...or is it just a social event?

I can't understand how it could help me as I've never really been a peson to talk about my emotions - especially in a group! Although,...

I've seen some groups on the Beat website and thought I might go since it seems I wait endlessly for NHS appointments.

If anyone has been it would be cool to hear your experiences.

Cheers

Not Waving...

Altaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
distant_yellow

I am currently:

I was in groups while i was at my day program. I thought they were helpful. Sometimes they are planned out and sometimes it is an open discussion about any problems anyone in the group might have. It's a pretty non-judgemental athmosphere

distant_yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
nikki1922

I am currently:

I am attending a 12 week girls group. At first I was like omg i don't wanna go and talk about feelings I can hardly tell that to my consllour ect. But after the first few seession I got to know most of the girls and we are forming a bond were we are trusting each other. Every thursday I actually look forward to going to group. Its the best part of my week. I love it and will be soo sad when its over. Group isn't easy it opens alot of doors for feeling ( through different things ) and its hard ! But go for it ! It doesn't hurt to try somethign new

Nicole <3

Don't Chase your Dreams...

CATCH THEM

nikki1922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #4
Starburst
After all this has passed, I still will remain

I am currently:

I go to a Beat self-help group. I've been going for about a year and a half now. I really like the people who run it and I've made some wonderful friends. I'd highly recommend it. I go to one in London actually.

The Depression Alliance run monthly self-help groups too. Have a look around google.

:)

Starburst is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)